A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sad reaction is to be expected....a body reacts both mentally and physically to grief and
stress. Recovery will not be hurried, .....:eek: why am I saying this? You know as well as anyone the effects of loss on a person.:)

Now with regard to the itch....don't wait till next week, ask for an emergency appointment today or even a telephone consultation, you know how badly bites can affect you. My MIL was the same....she had a rare blood group and my word, the biters knew it!!!

Take care my friend, love Me..x.x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Maureen.

I`ll not get an appointment today . I`ve had this reaction for a while and can live with it over the weekend.

I have my Meditation Group today.

One of the ladies is in the early stages of dementia. She phoned yesterday in a panic thinking she`d missed it, not sure what day it was. She`s also done something to her computer and gave me a confused tale about being mixed up and someone who she doesn`t know keeps telling her she`s doing everything wrong. We agreed in future I`ll remind her by phone.

I can`t confuse her further by cancelling.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia,

I'm really sorry that you are finding the loss of Helen affecting you more deeply than you had realised. As others have said, it's not surprising, after the closeness you shared and the intensity of the last few weeks of her life, which you so admirably supported Helen through.

Is there a date for Helen's funeral, or has it already taken place, I wonder? I hope this doesn't sound intrusive, but I am just thinking that funerals are a way for friends and family to take the first steps towards at least understanding and sharing their mutual grief and sadness together.

I know I don't need to tell you this, I'm just thinking aloud really, and as far as I can see, no mention has been made of the funeral. I hope that you will be able to attend, if it is practicable to do so and of course if you yourself want to do so.

Re your insect bite, would a tiny smear of steroidal cream help, do you think? A really pesky rash I had this summer on my arm just melted away after I applied some GP prescribed Betnovate.

I hope your Meditation group went well and your friend was able to make it.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Just sending empathy Sylvia. I know that hollow feeling of loss after the initial relief. Especially when you've lost a common thread of a link to another loved one.
Hope the insect bite settles soon.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to hear about the bite Sylvia. I hope you get some relief soon.

As others have said it's not surprising that your loss of Helen is beginning to kick in. You were such stalwart and loving friends who shared so much.

I know you will get through this but you know you are in our thoughts. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen's funeral will be on October 27th and I'll not be going.

When I went to stay with Helen I assured her it was not to say goodbye and she understood. I hoped Martin wasn't upset and he told me I was there when it mattered , so that's good.

Deborah I only have over the counter Betnovate which isn't as effective as the one provided with a prescription. I have different antihistamines which were prescribed as non drowsy but which made me feel like a zombie. I'm tempted to take one tonight and tomorrow night to see if they're more effective. I've nothing planned for this weekend so it won't matter if I'm in a daze.

The meditation went well. It was the first since I went to Helen's. Everyone knew her and have been very concerned. One of the group phoned every day to see how we both were.

Our meditation developed into talk about Helen , then talk about the refugee children and then turned political , so it was more lively than relaxing but provided good companionship.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I once took a half of an OTC anti- histamine, I was itchy all over ( viral) but I only took half because they dope me ( even the non-drowsy ones) I slept from Newcastle to London in the car....OH said he'd never had such a quiet run down.....and he'd stopped at Blyth Services as usual!!!! :rolleyes::eek::D:D Hope it improves over the weekend.x.x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve bitten the bullet and taken a full Cyclizine. These are the ones which made me groggy. Till now I`ve been taking Loratadine which once worked but now don`t.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Sylvia, the chemist gave me Cortopin cream for the really bad allergic reaction I had to an insect bite in the summer. It worked wonders. Xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s much better thank you mary. I have started to take Cyclizine instead of Loratadine , am not having the side effects I had previously and the itching is easier. :)

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
I have just come online after being unable to get the internet because i was with Mum in Liverpool - I am so dreadfully sorry to hear that Helen has died. No words can suffice, just know you are all in my thoughts and I will offer up good vibes , love and light for you, her family and for Helen's onward journey. No one deserves to have so much suffering - what an amazing lady she was, and what an amazing friend you were to her and to her family and to this group. Thank you for your strength and courage in the face of such tragedy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
It`s much better thank you mary. I have started to take Cyclizine instead of Loratadine , am not having the side effects I had previously and the itching is easier. :)

Glad the difficult itching time is behind you.

So very sorry about Helen .., words seem inadequate; she was far too "vital" both physically and mentally to die a relatively premature death. Your memories of your travels in Indiamust be very precious. Take care xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Glad you sound to be recovering from the itch Sylvia. I hope...?

I feel for poor Martin. Helen was so full of vitality and energy. A strong character, and so much more.

Like Joanne and I am sure many others, I find it hard to take in. I think of her often and will even more so on 27th. Also Martin, Mandy and Linda and the many people in her life including you Sylvia, to whom she was a very special lady. As she was here on TP.

Love
Loo xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hi Grannie. As you know, I haven't been on TP for a while, but was so saddened to read tonight that Helen died last month. I won't be posting much for the next month, as I'm looking after Gloria, and taking her to appointments, but I just wanted you to know that you, and Helen's family are in my thoughts.

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.