emptiness

Maggie42

Mar 7, 2011
East Midlands
Its a week already since my beloved husband passed away. The funeral is planned , death registered etc and I am now sitting alone in a sort of vacuum....Everyone has been so supportive, I've had a sackful of cards, flowers and numerous phone calls but nothing prepares you for the emptiness I'm feeling now. :(
Thanks again for all your messages of support, please think of us on Wednesday. which will be the day of the funeral.
Regards
Mags

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
I cannot imagine how you feel Mags and can only send you a hug and best wishes. Its good that you have support though. Thinking of you

Patricia Alice

Mar 2, 2015
Maggie42

I just want to give you a virtual hug. I am so sorry for your loss.

My mum is going down hill fast now and I have been sobbing all afternoon/evening.

Much love xx

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Oh Mags I am so sorry for your loss and your post saddens me.. I watch my mum go through the same, I lost my dad 8 weeks today. She is lost and it breaks my heart as they were
50 years married on 20/8. Unfortunately that void will never be filled and the memories will eventually come that will bring a smile and not hysterical crying, but that's OK too. You have to grieve. Time to me isn't a healer you will however find a new normal and adjust to life. I will be thinking of you Wednesday. Stay strong, you will find that strength within, I promise. Take care. Red xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning Mags and condolences.

My husband died 10 weeks ago today. I was exactly like you with the cards, flowers and calls.

I very much feel how Red66 describes in her post. I still cry every day but also am managing to get through the days reasonably well. It will never be the same but we'll both adjust to a new life. It's very early days for you. Thinking of you and wishing you strength. x

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It's over a year since my husband died, Maggie. And while it's not nearly as raw, and life does move on, of course it does, and I'm now starting to look forward again, I have to say, it takes a conscious effort, even now. And still, there are things that will send me into floods of tears. Grief is a process, and the death of your life's partner is going to leave a huge void. We do in time manage to fill the hole with other things, a bit like putting a dried flower arrangement in an em pty fire place. The dark, empty space is still there, and the dried flowers don't really disguise that. But they do look nicer and a bit more cheerful than the empty fireplace, do you understand what I mean? But it takes time, and time can't be hurried.

Thinking of you. xx

Maggie42

Mar 7, 2011
East Midlands
Thank you for thinking of me today. Everyone said it was a lovely service and there were more people there than i expected. We had "As tears go by" by the rolling stones as one piece of music which was very emotive.
I now hope I can begin to move on and forget the trauma of the last 4 years or so and take time to reflect on our happier times.
Kindest regards
Mags
X

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Hi Mags, glad to hear the funeral went well. Tough day that's for sure saying goodbye. Take your time to grieve, 'good' days are OK, I know logically they are but they don't feel like it. Stay strong. Red x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Maggie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad the funeral went as planned and now take some time for you. It's 7 months since my husband died and yes, life carries on, but a very different life to the one you had before. It's a strange mixture of emotions and it takes time to work through, be kind to yourself. Huge virtual hug xxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan