A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sad news, Sylvia.

Helen is finally resting peacefully after such a battle. My sincere condolences to her family and to yourself.

Her passing will surely leave a huge void in your lives.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

With love

Lizzie xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks everyone. I only feel relief.

However much I will miss Helen I wouldn’t want her to re live the last five weeks for anything.

I`m sorry I was unable to see this illness through with her but she had a loving family and it was right and proper they were with her at the end.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My condolences to you and Helen's family, Sylvia. I'm sure no-one could have asked for a truer or more stalwart friend than you have been, just from reading your posts on here, and I'm sure your relief for your friend's suffering being over will be accompanied by a sense of sadness at losing her.
Thinking of you as you travel home. xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I have only just come on my laptop and straight here. Deeply saddened by news of Helen’s death, such a unique, generous, caring and special lady and much too young. I shall always remember her… But like everyone I am relieved and thankful that her lengthy suffering is over, and that the end was peaceful.

My sympathy to Mandy, Linda, Martin and to you Sylvia. You shared such a special friendship, a deep bond. That is precious.

My thoughts and feelings remain with all of you, a difficult and heart breaking time. I am lost for words to express what I feel….

I hope you are now safely home, Sylvia,

With my love
Loo xxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I have just seen this. I'm sorry to hear the news but am relieved that Helen's suffering is finally over. Please give my condolences to Martin, Mandy and Linda, and, of course, to you, who were such a stalwart friend.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Safe Journey and Welcome Home

Safe Journey Home..... I was going to say this to you Sylvia, till I looked at the clock and realised you must be there by now. I'm sure you must have been worn out by the time you got home. I started this at lunchtime, but became distracted and have only managed to return to it now at tea time..

Safe journey Home Helen......I'm sad that I only knew you virtually, but glad to have known you at all.

Thank you Sylvia, for all you have shared with us during this long, last part of Helen's life.

If I may, I'd like to ask if you will send my regards and my condolences to Martin, Mandy and Linda...and to all Helen's many friends and family everywhere.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so sad to hear that Helen has passed away Sylvia.
Such a strong, compassionate lady.
Thankfully her suffering has ended and she is now at peace.

My thoughts and love go out to Martin, Mandy, Linda and all of Helen's family and of course to you Sylvia, her steadfast friend.

I think it was a blessing that you found each other and were able to help each other on each of your journeys.
Safe journey home Sylvia.

Love Geum. xxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I have left the FB group now Sylvia. I hope that is ok. It seemed to be an intrusion to remain amongst what is now a family in mourning. My thoughts and heartfelt sympathy remains with them and with you too. xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Actually I left it this afternoon too Sylvia. For much the same reasons as Saffie. I'm sure you and Helen's family will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Sylvia for keep everyone up to date about Helen. I am sure that there have been times when it has been difficult for you to write.

You have shared the best and the worst times with a very dear friend, something that she must have appreciated, and you were there to support her family too. I know you will miss Helen, but you have some super memories of your times together. You have been a very special friend to Helen, as she was to you.

I will remember Helen for her kindness and common sense. Some situations I faced just needed a clear head to resolve and that was Helen. She was always ready to sympathise but also came up with practical help.

I am so pleased that I met her at Launde Abbey, even though I didn't get the champagne sorbet that some others managed!!

The world has lost one very special lady, but she is now at peace, something she really deserves.

candles.jpg

A photo I took in the chapel at Launde Abbey

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia, just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts. I hope you have some enjoyable things on your agenda today, and some company too if you need it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m fine thanks Deborah. Don`t worry about me.

My loss signifies the end of Helen`s suffering and no one would want her to continue living as she had for the past five weeks.

I`m off to my meditation group today. It`s a small group of seven or eight of us held at the home of my Tai Chi teacher. Each week one of us offers some food for thought.

It is my turn today and I`ll be offering a Metta Prayer.

May all beings be peaceful

May all beings be happy

May all beings be safe

May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature

May all beings be free.

The meaning of Metta is Loving Kindness

Helen is free.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Sylvia I am so sorry that Helen has passed away, she is at peace,
She was a very special lady and I was lucky enough to meet her,
I know you both valued your friendship with each other,

Helen was the first person to answer me on my first post and she was so welcoming and kind, she will be missed by a lot of people and I will never forget her,

Sending love to you xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Jeany. :)

The comments from everyone on this Thread and elsewhere lay witness to the fact Helen really was a `people person`.

Status
Not open for further replies.