Sobering fact about stress ...

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Just read this on another website - "A study of family caregivers found that those who experience caregiving-related stress have a 63% higher mortality rate than non-caregivers of the same age."

Well, that cheered me up!!!

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
It didn't say anything about alcohol consumption reducing the percentage rate!

I've started buying wine again. I've never been much of an alcohol lover, just a nice glass of wine or Champagne occasionally. I used to buy a nice bottle of wine now and again when food shopping. When all this started with mum I stopped, on the basis that I need to be sober enough to be able to drive the car at a moment's notice. I'm not sure why. I've decided I don't care any more and wine is back on the shopping list .... (that's when I can leave the house to buy some!).

I've got 'face ache' today. Not sure if it's stress or sinus trouble. I think it's sinuses. I'm amazed I haven't been ill at all for the last year, but suspect my luck will run out soon.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Speaking as a one glass/one W**pa a night girl, I have to ask is it the caring that gets us, or the props?

Weekend glass is slightly larger, as is chocolate bar.
Just to break the monotony you understand.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I've got 'face ache' today. Not sure if it's stress or sinus trouble.
Sorry but :D
I've never been one to measure my wine consumption in glasses :cool:
I thought that when I started caring for my Mum full time I'd become as sober as a judge...you know, to be able to drive etc.
It's gone the other way. OH and I look at our stack of empties and go OMG was that just 3 days????
We're going to claim Healy-Rae rural exemption if ever the SHTF (sorry, you have to be Irish to understand that one). :D

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I'm upgrading from prosecco to champagne then
A favourite cartoon of mine went something like: Two girls sitting at the bar.
One says, "We should drink prosecco, it's classy and it's ladylike."
The other one says "You're right. 2 pints of prosecco please barman"
:D

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
HB - you're not by any chance in celebratory mode are you?!

Just found a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard. Might start on that at the weekend. Might dull the 'face ache'.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
...and I thought I lived with face ache :rolleyes:(OH):D

Champers...yes please.
On the Vina sol myself. Know what you mean about wine .
I'm not big choc eater, OH is though..you'll be lucky to get a piece.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 521

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
HB - you're not by any chance in celebratory mode are you?!
Just found a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard. Might start on that at the weekend. Might dull the 'face ache'.

Actually all I have left in the house are 2 bottles of "wine" - one is zero alcohol and the other is 5% - I bought them from SuperValu last week in an attempt to reduce my alcohol consumption. I'm on the 5% at the mo...trouble is need 3 of them...
Oh...there's the homemade parsnip wine from last year somewhere...

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Actually all I have left in the house are 2 bottles of "wine" - one is zero alcohol and the other is 5% - I bought them from SuperValu last week in an attempt to reduce my alcohol consumption. I'm on the 5% at the mo...trouble is need 3 of them...
Oh...there's the homemade parsnip wine from last year somewhere...

Supervalu? What's that?:confused:

Parsnip wine:eek:
Dad used to make damson gin:eek:rocket fuel, one sip and you were on ya way:D

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Sorry but :D
I've never been one to measure my wine consumption in glasses :cool:
I thought that when I started caring for my Mum full time I'd become as sober as a judge...you know, to be able to drive etc.
It's gone the other way. OH and I look at our stack of empties and go OMG was that just 3 days????
We're going to claim Healy-Rae rural exemption if ever the SHTF (sorry, you have to be Irish to understand that one). :D

I get it HB. Am Irish too. I partake of the non alcoholic wine occasionally. Such a waste of good grapes!! You can do all sorts of things with empty wine glasses...... Table lamps, candle holders, vases, or just recycle them!!

Aisling xx

WORRIER123

Oct 1, 2015
A favourite cartoon of mine went something like: Two girls sitting at the bar.
One says, "We should drink prosecco, it's classy and it's ladylike."
The other one says "You're right. 2 pints of prosecco please barman"
:D

I love it. Does a 1.45am wake up call mean it's ok to have one

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
Okay....it is definitely time to start a thread on good but inexpensive wines! I like to buy the cask...that way I know it won't run out for at least 4...sometimes 5 days? When I think it's getting low....the bag can always be squeezed to get yet another guzzle!!;)