Alzheimer's Memory Walk

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
I obviously cannot speak for anyone else but for me want to thank ALL the thousands up and down the country that have and are taking part in the dementia walks. I had a great time, got soaked several times, got lost, missed buses, walked at least 3 times the walk length getting there and back, got loads of blog material, raised some funds, felt proud, but mostly and most inspirational was meeting and walking up front with so so many youngsters that feel very strongly about doing this fund raising for the Alzheimer's Society. Talking to them as we walked was a joy and taught me that they really do understand, cared about and want to do something about, not just today and their grand parents/parents that are now living with dementia, but the future, their future.

Thank you to all who walked, are walking, will walk, who raise money, all the volunteers that give so much time and YOU that have sponsored me (still can via justgiving.com/chewtor) for caring and helping me, help them, help us and me in my future.

Keep on keeping on, I will so long as I can.

Wayne :):p

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
I obviously cannot speak for anyone else but for me want to thank ALL the thousands up and down the country that have and are taking part in the dementia walks. I had a great time, got soaked several times, got lost, missed buses, walked at least 3 times the walk length getting there and back, got loads of blog material, raised some funds, felt proud, but mostly and most inspirational was meeting and walking up front with so so many youngsters that feel very strongly about doing this fund raising for the Alzheimer's Society. Talking to them as we walked was a joy and taught me that they really do understand, cared about and want to do something about, not just today and their grand parents/parents that are now living with dementia, but the future, their future.

Thank you to all who walked, are walking, will walk, who raise money, all the volunteers that give so much time and YOU that have sponsored me (still can via justgiving.com/chewtor) for caring and helping me, help them, help us and me in my future.

Keep on keeping on, I will so long as I can.

Wayne :):p

I think you said it all for us, Wayne. I include my thanks to everyone too.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I have done it for years Wayne for my lovely husband, sadly this year it was in memory of him but all four generations of our family who did the walk this year did it for you and all who fight this disease on Talking Point.

skeletor

Apr 23, 2014
Memory walk Leeds castle

I have Alzichmer's and vascular dementia. I must admit my wife and my grandaughter completed the walk whilst singing Lean on me. It chocked me up so much to see all those wonderful people there but I had floods of tears in my eyes when I heard loads of people joining in the song.
Thank you so much, I hope this will help future generations.
I would like to find the link on fb to see the pics as I forgot what the link was.
Again many thanks to all the walkers, stewards, and everyone involved in the organisation.