Is this pathetic??

Florence.

Nov 7, 2012
Hi. We have 2 carers 2 X a day. The main carer comes twice virtually every day and has done for a year and gives a lot of support both to me and my husband. The agency have telephoned to say the carer is leaving. My ship is rocky, I steer the best I can and feel the support we need is there. Now it's rocked. I know there are other carers and will be but it feels like one of my limbs has been cut off. This carer is excellent. It's rocked my boat. Anyone else been there?

Tara62

Feb 25, 2015
West Yorkshire and East Anglia
Yes, when one of my father's first two carers left. But now I have found another two. The carer who left was absolutely great, but with three rather than two, things work even better, and the two new carers are great. So take heart - it is possible to find more good people out there.

Good luck!

Florence.

Nov 7, 2012
Yes, when one of my father's first two carers left. But now I have found another two. The carer who left was absolutely great, but with three rather than two, things work even better, and the two new carers are great. So take heart - it is possible to find more good people out there.

Good luck!

Thanks Tara.Think I'm feeling a bit panicky as I Have such confidence in this carer so that takes some of the strain off me. I'm trying to remain positive and tell myself the replacement might be even better!:)