A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I sent a text to Martin and it was good fortune Helen was awake and happy to speak to me.

She did sound more fluent than the last time I spoke to her and did say she feels rested. This seems in stark contrast to what we are hearing from Mandy , so it really sounds as if she is going through peaks and troughs.

While we were talking a visitor arrived and we had to hang up but Helen did say she'll speak to me later . Whether she'll be able to or not will depend , but at least at that moment she was positive.

Helen sounds very up and down, and in and out Sylvia, which must make it difficult to assess how she is generally. Good to know she is having positive times though.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hi Sylvia,

Sending my love to Helen and her family..please could you let her know that? She is often in my thoughts. I won't be joining the Facebook page.

Also my thanks to you for continuing to update us.

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve just spoken to Helen. She phoned me, or at least she got Mandy or Martin to make the connection.

Her speech is slurred as if she`s been drinking. It must be a combination of the effects of the drugs and her weakness.

The GP has visited and , according to Helen, said she has two days to live.

I don`t know what we talked about really but we did talk for more than half an hour. I don`t think she wants anyone to see her but Linda is stu;ll visiting several times a week.

She said Martin and Mandy have been wonderful and she is missing me. I must say I`m missing her too.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh goodness Sylvia. How heartbreaking for all of you. I wish I had words of comfort. Thinking of you all. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This is so very sad. I'm thinking of you Sylvia and can imagine how much you are missing being its Helen. She will be missed by so many and especially by you. xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Oh, Sylvia it is heart-breaking for all of you, I'm sure you are both missing each other, you are so close.

Love and prayersxxxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia,

How distressing this must be for you all.

I can only add my thoughts and prayers to those already offered.

With love xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, I can only repeat what everyone has said… it must be unbearable for you, for all of you. Poor dear Helen.

You are all constantly in my thoughts and heart. I can only give love.

Loo xxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Sylvia, I am sorry to hear this, though a little surprised that she was told this, as if death can be predicted that exactly. Even my OH, GCS 3, was given hours or days, and not in his hearing. He lasted 15 hrs, btw.
However, you are doing / have done a sterling job and my heart goes out to you.
(((((Hugs))))))

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Sylvia I am so sad to hear your update about Helen. I truly understand how difficult it must be for you, having been in a similar situation . Sending love to all of you with an understanding and warm hug for you xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Spamar, I wasn't sure whether the GP actually said Helen only had two days to live or if Helen had interpreted what he said as that..

She is very confused, had forgotten lots of things we talked about and a couple of times asked me to remind her.

I just went along with whatever she said , as I did with Dhiren when he became confused.

Since I put the phone down though I have been wondering if this was the last time I would be speaking to her and if she had thought the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.