A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Gosh your bruising does sound nasty, Sylvia. You must've taken a tumble and are lucky it wasn't worse!
Your mention of Helen looking so pleased to see Martin and Mandy when she awoke reminded me of the phrase someone said about dying, "In the end, all that is left is love". I like to think that the company of loved ones lessens the physical burden of suffering on Helen.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Perhaps " what will survive of us is love", a line from a poem by Philip Larkin, about a tomb in Chichester cathedral, with a carved effigy of a husband and wife lying together, holding hands...

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Sorry Sylvia, I've been in an NHS holiday camp for a few days with no access to wifi and have been very concerned how Helen is. I do hope that she will be able to receive all the care she will require when she goes home and that Martin and Mandy will get sufficient support.
Would it be possible for Helen to return to the hospice at a later date should she wish it or is Helen set on spending her final days at home? I would perfectly understand if she is but it could prove hard for them all if the support isn't there.

I'm sorry your bruises are so painful. I hope they ease before you leave for Bratislava.x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm sorry to read your news Saffie and hope all is well.

I had a text frommandy tonight saying her mum had taken a turn for the worse and even the doctors were shocked. They will review her state of health tomorrow to see if she will be allowed home.

Mandy sounded very upset?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh goodness, I am so sad to hear that Syivia,
Poor Helen, my thoughts are with her.
With Martin and Mandy too and of course Linda.
Love to you too Sylvia. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Mandy said she and Martin are supporting each other so it's as well I'm not there.

I think you're right Sylvia, wise as ever.
It has reminded me of what Bastan said to us in Launde with reference to her husband's death.
You have been a wonderful friend and support to Helen and her nearest and dearest and couldn't have done any more. You have played your part and what a caring and steadfast part it has been too.
I wish strength for Martin and Mandy and for you Sylvia. I know you have accepted the inevitable but it is doesn't take away the pain.
Finally I pray for a peaceful parting for Helen. xxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Such difficult times for everyone. All we can wish for is that Helen is comfortable and that Martin and Mandy are supported.

I wish that for you to Sylvia.

x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I don't know Helen, Sylvia, but from what you said, she seems very anxious to get home. If the support is put in place for her care, really, I suppose, why not let her be at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.