A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning Folks. :)

I`m very sore but by the look of the bruise its no surprise. However I know it`s nothing more serious and will only take time to heal.

I`ll tell Paul if the time is right but just now he has too much on his plate, with work and children worries and I`ll only add to them if it`s necessary.

I had a lovely relaxing evening and look forward to an equally lovely relaxing day.

I hope everyone else has a good day too, especially stanley who is so worried about Sue.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland

I`m very sore but by the look of the bruise its no surprise. However I know it`s nothing more serious and will only take time to heal.

I`ll tell Paul if the time is right but just now he has too much on his plate, with work and children worries and I`ll only add to them if it`s necessary.

I had a lovely relaxing evening and look forward to an equally lovely relaxing day.

I hope everyone else has a good day too, especially stanley who is so worried about Sue.

Take it very easy today. My poor mum fell about six weeks ago - she was squatting down putting something in her freezer, went to get up, and fell backwards onto her behind, and broke her tailbone! (she has very severe osteoporosis) - she's still in a lot of pain when sitting, if she doesn't have her special "tailbone cushion".

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad there are no dreadful after effects.
Take care today!
I hope you hear reassuring news of Helen - and Martin.

At least it's dry here today so hope the rain has left you too. x

Last edited:

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Relieved to hear the damage isn't too serious ere.
You sound at peace Sylvia. I hope that is how you feel. I also hope Helen and Martin are at peace.x

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

Morning Sylvia, so glad you are home safe and sound. So glad you are only badly bruised and nothing more serious. Hope you can enjoy some "me" time as you so deserve it. Such a good idea to have ordered your shopping online at least you won't have to go out today.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Sylvia, I'm so pleased there's nothing worse than bruising.

I hope you enjoy a day of peace, doing things you want to do. x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Thank goodness you appear not to have suffered major trauma, but a bruise butt is still not a nice thing to have, I hope you can get comfortable and have a relaxing day xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I hope you feel better soon. My SIL took a tumble at the airport when we arrived and is sporting a massive wraparound bruise. We did go to A & E and I have to say that we were very impressed with the NHS.

I digress - take it easy Sylvia, rest and relax.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Good to read that although you are sore you are alright, you sound at peace as bemused said, and relaxed. Enjoy your day/weekend Sylvia.

I do hope Helen is managing through her day fairly well, and that you hear from Mandy with an update. Nothing is likely to happen re going home, care package, until possibly some time next week. Hoping Helen does not get too dispirited about it and is maintaining the improvement.

It has been mixed weather up here this month with some very humid days even when dull or rain but nothing like the heat wave in England. Today is sunny but not warm and I can feel Autumn in the air. I am cold!

Love and thoughts
Loo xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
thank goodness for online shopping
that you are OK after your tumble
that you feel peaceful
that we can interact and keep in touch using the internet

Have a restful day
Much love
Sarah

What a lovely message Sarah...it says all I wanted to say.....but better!!:D:D:D:D:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Text from Mandy.

Helen feels unwell. She has so many blankets on and still Mandy is going home to get her a warm jumper.

They will stay a few more hours with her.

She said the nurses are being really kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.