A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
May I just whole heartedly agree with what Pollyanna has said. It's been a privilege to travel with you on your journey, and good luck for getting home tomorrow.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Have a safe journey home Sylvia and be careful as weather forecast is 40 cm of rain in an hour today and thunderstorms here. Hope Helen can return home . Much love to you all xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hope you have a safe journey home Sylvia and that it isn't too flood affected.

I'm glad to hear that Helen feels well enough to go home, I nearly posted when she went in that I hoped this might be the outcome, but thought dare not hope, I have come across this before as hospices do seem really skilled at getting the drug combinations right to provide a short term lift.

I hope Martin can cope with it all.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Safe journey, hope the rain doen't disrupt you.

Gosh, to sleep in your own bed will be a treat....assuming that you can switch off your brain from trying to sort out these past weeks.

Take care love me.x.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hope you're having a smooth and uneventful journey home, Sylvia and that the weather hasn't caused any disruption along the way.

As others have said, I hope Helen is able to return home for a while at least, and manages to find some peace.

I know you'll keep us posted...:)

With love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I arrived home to pouring rain after so much sweltering heat. Can you believe I didn`t take a coat, only a pac a mac. [ I don`t know if they are still around but most of you will know what I mean, perhaps not the youngsters. among us. :)

Martin took me to the station and the lift was out of order so he carried my bags up and down stairs to the platform. He was emotional leaving me, he is so fragile just now.

When I got to St Pancras, another lift was out of order so I had to use the escalator . I had a feeling something was going to happen and it did. At the bottom of the escalator my case didn`t ride over the bump and I slipped and fell back onto the moving staircase. For a split second I had visions of myself doing the full circuit of the `caterpillar` [ I don`t know what it`s called] . I needn’t have worried, many hands were on me immediately some lifting me up , not an easy task, I`m no lightweight, others taking my handbag and suitcase.

Even so, I did fall, and know without looking I know I have a badly bruised posterior. I haven`t told Paul or Martin. :eek: I know I should have asked for help.

Martin phoned. It`s not easy for him to explain whats happening , it sounds a bit of a muddle. He seems to think arrangements are being made for Helen to go home but it sounds as if Helen is becoming cynical. I think she thinks it`s becoming a bit long winded. I don`t think she understands what has to be put in place first for she said `If I ever make it.`

Not being there, my updates will be second hand and less accurate. Mandy should be there tonight so I hope she will clarify things.

I`ve sorted my post, unpacked and sorted my washing. It would be raining wouldn`t it after all the sunshine.

I`m now going to make myself something to eat and relax

Last edited:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
At least you're home relatively safely, Sylvia. Falling is very upsetting, I know, and knocks the confidence.

You've given so much of yourself over the last few weeks I suspect you're exhausted and much in need of your own bathroom and bed and space.

Surely Mandy and Martin will be able to sort things out from here..Helen should have a care package in place to return home to, if that is what she chooses to do. She's still calling the shots in spite of how ill she is!

As ever , my thoughts and prayers are with you both. xx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
What a fright Sylvia. You will probably be badly bruised and very sore and stiff tomorrow. Hopefully you can rest over the weekend and arrangements back at the hospice can move ahead and Helen can soon be back home.

Rest and take care.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
oh Sylvia, escalator injuries can be very serious and I am relieved that you were helped up straight away. But you should certainly have told Paul, he would want to be sure you were ok - and the station should record that it happened in their accident book because it only happened due to the lift being out of order.

Please get checked over by a medic if the pain gets worse or the damage is worse than you thought originally when you have a look. Don't be too stoical when you don't need to be xxx

I hope being home is comforting for you, despite getting fewer updates. x

Status
Not open for further replies.