A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
My deepest sympathy to Martin.
Sometimes life's events are unbearably hard, they can tear us in two, but bear them we must, and we do, somehow.
Thank goodness you are there Sylvia, and he can seek the space he needs at this moment to try to come to terms with this.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
So much sorrow heaped on sorrow, poor Martin. No words , just thinking of you all & hoping, as always, for peace & comfort for everyone.

Much Love, Lin x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh my goodness, poor, poor Martin.
It really is hard to comprehend how he is going to cope with everything that is happening. My heart goes out to him - and to think of Helen comforting him at such a time - it's all so dreadfully tragic.
I'm worried for you too Sylva, you are carrying such a weight of sorrow and responsibility. x

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How dreadful for Martin. My heart goes out to him.

Daughter Elaine’s husband’s 47 year old sister dropped dead at her work during lunch break, a massive heart attack although apparently fit, healthy, no issues. SIL was inconsolable and 19 months later a changed man. An unexpected and tragic death must be even harder to come to terms with, if ever. At least SIL’s sister’s death was quick. Not all sudden tragic deaths are.

Martin is in an unbearable, terrible situation now, this is behind words

Thinking of all of you and may you each somehow find the strength to get through today and those to come.

My love to all
Loo xxx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Poor Martin. Thank goodness you are there Sylvia which allows him a bit of space to come to terms with things.
Is it tomorrow you have to go home? You have been such a great support whilst dealing with your own grief.
My condolences to Martin my thoughts are with you all

Kim xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Talk about kicking a man when he is down....(((((( Martin))))))

Helen is also so down....poor soul.....((((( gently Helen)))))

Sylvia...poor you. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea ((((( Big Hugs)))))

So sad all round.x.x.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Sylvia I just don't know what to say, words are just words.

This journey you are on with Helen, Martin and their family is unbelievable. You are so right, we have have concepts and expectations that sometimes are misleading and cannot be met.

There is a lesson to be learned here and I for one will look at things differently and be thankful for what I have, not disgruntled for what I don't have.

I lost my lovely husband 6 months, He had lived with Alzheimers for 11 years, diagnosed at 62 so no retirement for us. He died peacefully with peace and quietness around him. His family with him. I will now say we were blessed and not robbed as I have.up until now, thought.

Thinking of you all and wishing strength for you all.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen wants to go home!

She had had a good day physically, sitting in a recliner, eating lots of ice cream and then said she feels she would like to spend her final days away from the shared environment in her own space. Martin asked to speak to a doctor.

We were taken into a beautiful private sitting room and Helen spent an hour telling the doctors what she would like and asking what was available.

It far to much to post about in detail but they are all meeting again tomorrow morning for Helen to say what she has decided and Martin to say whether or not he can manage.

I'll be on my way home. I think it is the right time.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh Sylvia,

This is so sad to hear.

Martin must be wondering where to turn next. At least Helen was able to give some comfort to him.

I do wonder how you are in all of this? And how you will find the strength to leave Helen and Martin tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers go with you all.

Love xx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Helen's acute awareness must be so hard for all of you to bear.. All I can say is I feel so sad for you, and wish there was some way to bring comfort. Stay strong, Sylvia, if you can....no one knows where that strength comes from, but somehow it will......We are all with you, invisible, but here.xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I think Helen knows what is right for her and as long as Martin can cope with having Helen at home and she is no longer feeling the dreadful nausea, then it is surely the right thing to do.

I would imagine that Mandy will be there for the weekend too. So it is probably the best time for you to return home too Sylvia. You alone know the situation as it really is and I know you would not want to leave if you didn't think it was the right time to do so.
Nevertheless it will be a dreadfully sad parting and so difficult for you. I wish you strength. xxx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Our posts crossed Sylvia!

It's a relief to read your latest post . Sounds like you are ready for home and Martin will hopefully be able to be there for Helen for this next part of her journey.

xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Sylvia, I don’t know what to think… It would be lovely for Helen if she could spend her last days in her own home in comfort and privacy. But… and lot of buts.

Yet it does feel the right thing to do, and the right time. If Martin feels he could cope and the medical care side is all it should be then why not go for it.

they are all meeting again tomorrow morning for Helen to say what she has decided and Martin to say whether or not he can manage.

Sounds like the medical team are alright about it?

I also have been thinking a lot about you returning home tomorrow and having to say goodbye to Helen. That will be hard for each of you. You have been a godsend. However you must be worn out and in much need of a rest in your own home. Emotionally, mentally as well as physically.

Wishing each of you strength and more than I can find words to express.

Ever grateful for your updates Sylvia, thank you very much.

Many thoughts, much love to all
Loo xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm also thinking of you all.

Poor Martin he must be so distraught but I'm glad that Helen was able to offer him support.

Sylvia, thank you for the updates they are very much appreciated.

Travel safely tomorrow secure in the knowledge that you have been the best friend anyone could possibly wish for.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan