A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Always with baited breath

It brings back such strong memories of opening the site and coming to the thread where sadness and love are intertwined on the screen. And the waiting...

The horrible wait for news. Then the uplifting feeling of a better day, a good meal and a few words, then the bad that follows the good.

I am so, so sad that this is Helen.

Please just let her feel no pain, and no discomfort but just let her sleep well and feel ready.

xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, I am hoping that ‘no news is bad news’ does not apply but I am fearful….

You are all constantly in my thoughts and heart.

With love
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry for keeping everyone waiting for news.

Martin had a good night with Helen and I'm with her now.

Today is anything but good. The doctors seem unable to control the nausea and it is exhausting for Helen who has bouts of dry hacking retching which is so distressing to witness it is reducing me to tears , so how Helen feels is impossible to gauge.

Even at this stage she is considering me and told me I don't have to stay.

She said this is the worst experience she has ever had and I can believe it.

Dhiren didn't suffer like this.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh God Sylvia how awful. Bill suffered but not like that. Poor poor Helen. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Oh Sylvia I'm so sorry to hear this, poor Helen having to endure this, & you having to witness it,

Much love to you allx

Lin x

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I cannot begin to imagine how awful this is for you all - especially Helen who has always been able to take control of her needs and find ways to cope with the problems she has faced.

It makes me so sad that she is suffering so much - someone who has provided words of comfort and support to so many of us here.

I truly hope that the doctors can find something to bring Helen some peace.

Love to you all xx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
How distressing for all concerned, my heart goes out to you all.

Helen doesn't deserve this, and hope she finds peace again soon.

J xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O Sylvia. This is so distressing.
It is so very sad that Helen has to go through this and seems so very cruel.
The very least one should hope for at the end of life is to be allowed to be at peace.
Can the medication not be tweaked to help the nausea and retching?
I feel for you Sylvia. I feel so upset for Helen so can imagine your distress. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen had two slices of tinned peaches for her lunch. She just fancied them and they were brought immediately.
There were two slices left. She said " don't let them take them away" :)

A really lovely doctor came earlier. She gave Helen time to be able to express her need for nausea control. She asked her if she would mind if she asked me if I needed to say anything . She didn't mind.
I told the doctor Helen is lying in bed looking at 4 dead flies in the cornices of the ceiling.
They were removed in minutes.

She now has a syringe driver in each arm and is sleeping.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to read about Helen's horrendous nausea/retching etc. this morning. Its great that when she fancied food it was brought immediately.

The Dr sounds very understanding and I hope that the two syringe drivers ease Helen's discomfort. Its good to read she is sleeping peacefully now.

You must be exhausted too Sylvia. Watch out for yourself as the last thing you need is a flare up of the UTI.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sylvia, this is all so terrible for all of you. I'm so sorry that you are all suffering and at this moment nothing has been found to work to make dear Helen more comfortable.

It's so horrible to watch the retching; as you know that is how Pete left this world-but his trauma was over in less than a minute and I hope he knew nothing of it. He didn't continue as Helen has and being so aware, as she is, must make for a nightmare situation.

This morning I was thinking back to the time when you scattered Dhiren's ashes in the Ganges; how we all enjoyed your colourful narrative. Most of all we looked forward to reading how at peace you and Helen were; it spread a feeling of serenity through the whole of TP and I can only fervently wish that Helen feels that peace again.

Dear Sylvia, I admire your fortitude and strength, and deep loyalty to your precious friend.

Love to all of you.XXX

EDIT; I'm relieved to read your latest post and Helen is sleeping.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Most of all we looked forward to reading how at peace you and Helen were; it spread a feeling of serenity through the whole of TP and I can only fervently wish that Helen feels that peace again.

Dear Sylvia, with everyone on TP who has the hope Lyn T has expressed above. It is good that Helen is happy for you to express your concerns on her behalf and that they are listened to and acted upon so swiftly. An arm round your shoulder Sylvia this must be so very hard for you to witness with lovexxxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
What a terrible situation for Helen, I hope she is continuing to sleep. It sounds like you have met with an understanding doctor and I hope this brings some comfort to you all.

I too have been thinking about your trip. I read through some of your earlier posts this morning, remembering how peaceful and wonderful your trip was.

Take care Sylvia x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia,

I posted earlier under "Auld Lang Syne" as I've been waiting for admin to update my log in details..purely so I can post to you.

It's heart rending to read of Helen's struggle, and must be very disturbing for you to witness.

Thank goodness she is sleeping peacefully for the now..I hope and pray that the peace remains with her.

Please take care of yourself.

Lizzie

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Deeply distressing for Helen and also for you witnessing her suffering. Thankfully she has been able to sleep and I hope she wakens feeling better, and an ease to the ghastly retching. It is exhausting.

I hope the extra syringe pump is helpful to Helen and she does get some much needed peace.

Heart breaking for you Sylvia. You wont want to leave Helen but I do hope you are managing spells of respite, perhaps a short walk in the garden...

Thank you so much for your updates.

Hoping for some ease for Helen and ease of anxiety for you.

Love
Loo xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.