A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Well that's a nice surprise to read, and as others have said hopefully a sign Helen is feeling less anxious, as I'm sure you must be xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Well her bed must be comfortable, and the catering has passed muster, so just the caring to gauge now. I'm so glad that Helen has conceded her move was timely. As someone else mentioned, and as it's a Friday ( Mum's UTIs always struck on Fridays for some reason, which made it tricky to get abs) I'm sure you can always get help from a walk in centre if you need it.....and stop off for some cranberry juice on the way back home.

Love to you all....Me.x.x.x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope you managed to get some ABs today Sylvia. UTIs can make you feel so poorly, so please look after yourself. I hope all is peaceful tonight xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Just popping in Sylvia and glad Helen made the hospice . They are lovely places and the one my friend was in had French doors out into a beautiful garden . Friend could see it from her bed and enjoyed it very much . Thinking of you all xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I'm glad you are feeling a little better Sylvia but keep drinking that water ☺.
It sounds like Helen has made the right decision at the right time. She continues to amaze me.

Kim xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The syringe driver is in place and such an improvement on tablets. I expect the drugs will need tweaking to get the best dose . Helen was very sick , fortunately in the presence of the Doctor who was able to see how quickly the nausea came on. It was probably because she'd eaten so much more than usual.

It's been a sad day for Helen. Her bed faces two disposal bins a glove dispenser and a sink. She said " is this going to be the view I have when I draw my last breath?"

I'm staying overnight just in case she wakes and is fearful. Martin is shattered and needs a decent nights sleep. I have a recliner by Helens bed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you all as always.

I hope you manage some rest Sylvia. Surprisingly I did when I was by Bill's bed.

Much love and peace to Helen. x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oh my.....

That's a hard thing to deal with.... For Helen to think her last view on life could be a sink... bins.....Gloves....

Things, that in other circumstances, no one would give serious thought to....

The bins are there to hold all her frustration and anger. The gloves are silent hands waiting to hold her when she needs a hand to hold, and the sink is there to wash away her fears....

Sleep well xxxx

Last edited:

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I hope you are able to rest tonight Sylvia. Martin too.

What a shame the view isn't better for Helen. Hopefully you're right about the medication being tweaked and the nausea can be controlled.

I hope the new day brings peace and comfort.

X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This is the view but somehow I doubt it will be Helens last view..

Helen on waking seems renewed......no tremor, stronger, more alert, sitting up in bed having a cup of tea, no need to steady the cup in case she spills, chatty, on her iPad , what an amazing change.

Yesterday, any head movement caused nausea and the room to spin. Not today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sylvia, the change in Helen must have lightened your heart. Hopefully the nausea will be more controlled now?

How about you? Did you manage to get some AB's?

I'm hoping that you all have a better day.

Peaceful thoughts to you all.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Status
Not open for further replies.