A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
Helen is now in the hospice and we are all with her.

My UTI seems to have been nipped in the bud. I drank gallons last night and there is lovely iced water on hand here at the hospice.

Take care everyone xx
Hello and I hope you don't mind me posting.So pleased your dear friend is in the hospice,my late sister spent several weeks in one,the staff were marvellous,it was a comfortable place to be for patient and visitors alike.The pressure on beds is tremendous,so wrong,this service should be available for anyone who needs and wants it.I hope you all have a peaceful day.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm glad Helen is now in the hospice, where she will get the care she needs without any stresses and strains in you, Mandy and Martin.

You can now share the peace with Helen, while she continues her journey. Xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I hope the move went ok and Helen has not been too anxious about it. I am sure she will receive excellent attention along with you, Martin and Mandy. Keep drinking Sylvia but I still think you should see a Dr as soon as you are able given the circs.

Thinking about you all.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It is good that Helen is now in the hospice.
I hope that her remaining time here will be spent in peace and tranquility.
It is, after all, what everyone deserves at the end of their life.

I keep thinking of Helen's posts here and on FB over the past four years and her positivity and courage in the face of all her struggles to receive the right treatment and am praying that now, at last, she will have the care she needs and deserves.

My thoughts and prayers are with her as she faces this final hurdle and with you all as you support her through it. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Since coming here, Helen has had two cups of tea, two bites of an egg and cress sandwich a yoghurt and a half a slice of lemon drizzle cake. :D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I have been following this thread, but as I only know Helen from your travels to India, haven't commented.

I hope the hospice care for her well. It sounds like they are if she is eating.

Please look after yourself as well.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Since coming here, Helen has had two cups of tea, two bites of an egg and cress sandwich a yoghurt and a half a slice of lemon drizzle cake. :D

They are magic places indeed.

As always you are all in my thoughts , look after yourself too Sylvia, x

Lin x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's good news on both counts Sylvia. Perhaps you should still look into ABs though.

Thoughts and prayers are with Helen and all of you. x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
What a relief to read Helen is in the hospice and it sounds to be going well. Excellent that Helen has eaten, and I hope this is a sign she is less anxious, among other reasons.

I also hope you feel more relaxed, also Martin and Mandy, and now that the hospice has taken over medically you all find peace as you continue to give Helen the all important emotional support.

Good that your infection has eased but I would also advise seeing the doctor re antibiotics.

Wishing Helen and all of you as good a day as possible. You all continue to be in my thoughts and heart.

Much love
Loo xxx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
That's good news about Helen eating and drinking and that you're feeling better too Sylvia. At least now you can all spend quality time with Helen now that she's being looked after in the hospice. Thinking of you all xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.