A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I hope the promised practical help soon arrives, if it is the right sort of help you all should benefit.

As always love to you all xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I am looking at TP when I can, whenever I have WiFi. I am pleased Helen is accepting the help she will need as she gets weaker. So glad of your updates Sylvia. I am still wishing her that comfortable peace.

She gave me such support and inspiration when I needed it most. Xxxx

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
hoping Helen is as comfortable as she can be. Please look after yourself - wishing you much strength xx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Just to say how much I admire your courage right now Sylvia. You and Helen are so close you know exactly what is needed and when.
Helen has always been such an inspiration and positive force to all of us. I hope her days are as peaceful as is possible.

Kim xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh gosh, that must be so hard for Helen to hear Linda pleading with her.
Bless her heart, she has tried so hard to stay alive. It's all so very, very sad.
I feel for you all, coping somehow in person. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The nurse has been and after taking ages to wake her, Helen complied, although not with very good grace. She will be provided with a ripple ( I think) mattress and any other in case necessities.

It's a big hurdle overcome for all of us.

Seeing Helen confused, ill and unable to cooperate, I did wish the nurse could have had just a glimpse of the Helen we've all know. The Helen she was introduced too was as changed as anyone could be.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
So sad. Hoping Helen is totally unaware of how she has changed, but so Difficult to experience and see it happening. Hugs xxx

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Seeing Helen confused, ill and unable to cooperate, I did wish the nurse could have had just a glimpse of the Helen we've all know. The Helen she was introduced too was as changed as anyone could be.

I do understand that feeling. I went through it with my mother in her final days and, earlier this year when things were particularly bad, I went through it with my husband too.

Thinking of you xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sylvia, I don't think I have ever felt so utterly useless. I can hope, and pray and wish.....but you, my friend are being fantastic in the face of such unimaginable sadness. I have no doubt that in her heart Helen is so grateful that you are there to share the burden of care..... You and Martin and Mandy are a wonderful team..... Poor Linda...she can't understand it all. Thank you Sylvia for everything you are doing.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Sylvia it must be so heartbreaking for the family and yourself . I understand what you mean about the glimpse of the other Helen , having just lost my best friend on Saturday . Hope Helen is comfortable . Thinking of you all . Much love Heike xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Folks.

It looks as if the Meds are a tad over prescribed. Helen is out for the count. The GP did say we could dispense with the morphine tablets once the patch has taken hold and it looks as if now is the time. He is due again tomorrow so we'll ask him.

Many is concerned Helen is not drinking, because she is sleeping so long.

I've just looked back to my account of Dhiren's passing. He went 5 days without food and 4 days without fluid .

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Has the nurse left any mouth care supplies Sylvia to help you keep her mouth moist and comfortable? Love and strength Suexxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Oh Sylvia, it's such a fine balance when it comes to medication, isn't it? I can understand Mandy being concerned about fluid intake, after all the kidney's need fluid,but is waking Helen up to make her drink helping, when her body wants to sleep and the drugs are helping that? Yet another question for the Doc in the morning.....xxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Oh Sylvia, this is so unfair, but then life isn't fair sometimes is it.

I hope Helen is comfortable. I remember you once saying that sleep brings peace and that's what we all must be wishing for Helen now.

I do admire how you are coping and keeping us all updated.

x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you Sylvia for the updates.

My heart goes out to all involved; it is such a difficult time, but especially difficult for Linda who doesn't understand.

I hope Helen remains peaceful. X

Auld Lang Syne

Account Closed
Sep 6, 2016
Dear Sylvia,

Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Helen.

You are one very special lady.

With love

gigi xx

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If her kidneys are failing fluid can build up elsewhere in her body leading to more distress.

Sadly there comes a time when mouth swabs are the kindest approach.

Have a word with the GP about the best approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.