Holding your hands

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
TO: My Dear TP friends and those others I do not yet know

It has been such a long time since I dropped in to send my loving support to you all. In that time, I have learnt that so many of your loved ones have come to the end of their tortuous journey in battling this most dreadful of diseases. Those who are left now have a new and agonising path to follow. My heart goes out to each of you. I pray the Angels will hold you all close tight and the Light will shine brightly around you.
A PM here will always find me if you think there is any solace I can offer. It would be good to think that may be so.
I am deliberately not messaging those of my closer friends who are dealing with loss, simply for fear of adding to their burden. You know who you are. My hand is always in yours.
All love as always
Shelagh xxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello Shelagh, it's so good to hear from you. I hope you are well and everything is as well as can be expected.

Love

Lyn T XX

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
There you all are, as always, ever the welcoming friends! What an amazing privilege it is to have met you all and count on you always being there. So many thanks to everyone.
All toddles on here in its inexorable way; some days not half bad really, and others having me wishing I was anywhere but here! Just like it is for all of us, I'm sure. G is now unable to go out alone for fear he will become flat packed under a lorry or some such. He is always so adamant that if he has right of way, a few tons of moving metal should just stay back! His daft brain has also reconnected a few wires frim his childhood which he surely doesn't need - a terrible fear of dogs, even outside the car and an abhorrence of places new. These days, he often has trouble completing simple tasks like folding up the camp bed our granddaughter uses. Good old FTD's march into his executive functions continues apace, you see. But we still have a laugh and take each day as it comes and try to remember how lucky we are to be holding on against all the odds and s...ds of this dratted illness. He recently saw a Blue Badge car sticker which announced that he may look OK but he is anything but that. It was a joke, for sure, but I drew the line at advertising it to all and sundry. In some perverse way, I rather like the secret knowing when we get a sideways look from other BB holders!
In my case, out of sight most definitely does not mean out of mind - I am thinking of you all constantly, you may be sure.
Holding you all close. With love as always Shelagh xx

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How lovely to hear from you Shelagh - and such a lovely post. Thank you.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Shelagh how good to hear from you! I often think about you and wonder how you are. A lovely post from you. Warm and caring.

Although you have your own difficulties yet you thought about us. Thank you for holding hands - what a special place TP is, as are the people who make it so.

Hoping you have more than a few ‘not bad really days’ and good that still have a laugh. It does help at times.

With love and thanks

Loo xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
We are still meeting up Shelagh and are hoping to be zooming in your general direction sometime next year.

Edit: Sorry, not booing at all but hoping!:D

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I know it is Jennie and I hope you'll be able to come.
We have another one taking place before, so this will be after that. It's still in the air at the moment.:)

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
It would be delightful to meet up for sure, dear Saffie.
I hope you are all bathed in this wonderful sunshine and if your place is covered in cloud, remember: the higher you climb the thicker the clouds become. "All will be well, and all will be well and all manner of thing will be well".
All love to every one of you. Xx Shelagh :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
It would be delightful to meet up for sure, dear Saffie.
I hope you are all bathed in this wonderful sunshine and if your place is covered in cloud, remember: the higher you climb the thicker the clouds become. All will be well, and all will be well and all manner of thing will be well".
All love to every one of you. Xx Shelagh

Depending how far the meet up is, I would love to join you all next year if possible . Hope that will be ok? Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
"All will be well, and all will be well and all manner of thing will be well".
All love to every one of you. Xx Shelagh :)

Now where have I heard that before?! It's been a mantra of mine for a while now :)

That would be great! if all goes according to plan I am hoping to finish working early next year, so would be more flexible. It would be so good to meet up, I've only managed one so far but it was really fun.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
No apologies needed Sheelagh! xxx I've just seen that it's Shedrech's signature too, it's very calming and positive isn't it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa