A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
It's good to read the day has been better for Helen, I hope the night continues the same and you all have a comfortable and peaceful night, with lovexxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The GP has been, was everything he was on Wednesday. He has prescribed the pain patches to be used alongside the tablets to begin with.

He has given Helen days rather than weeks

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Sylvia. How horrible to witness poor Helen's illness let alone her final days. I'm so terribly sorry for all of you.

Love to you all

XXX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O dear Sylvia, what to say. I feel such grief but I met Helen only for a few days though they were very special days.
You, who have been her dear friend for so long, must be so broken hearted. As of course will Martin, Mandy and Linda.
What a very courageous lady Helen is and has been since her diagnosis. One very special lady.
Love to you and to Helen and everyone who is helping her through this. xxx

Last edited:

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
How are things, Sylvia? Does Helen know and accept the likely timescale? How are you, Martin and Helen's family? It is so difficult at this time. It seems so strange to talk about and do normal things and laugh and joke, but I found it so important.

With dad we were told weeks not months and then it was only two days. With all my heart I hope Helen has a peaceful and comfortable slipping away with you all beside her.

Sending love and strength to you all and a gentle peace for Helen.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How are things, Sylvia? Does Helen know and accept the likely timescale? How are you, Martin and Helen's family? .

Martin and Mandy are with Helen now Sue. I'm giving them some privacy. I don't think Helen really knows the timescale the GP discussed it with us.

We are all subdued, that's all I can say. I'm at the stage when sympathy will reduce me to tears and I need to be supportive to Martin and Mandy first.

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
I really hope you don't mind me intruding Sylvia, but I have followed your thread and am so sorry to hear this sad news - and so quickly things have changed.
Sending you love and strength and hugs to you all at this very sad time xxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No one's intruding beverino and I know how difficult it is to find the right words to say Spamar.

I'm just so grateful for all the support for Helen and for me. TP has never failed us over the years in our roles as carers. Who could have believed Helen would become the one being cared for now. It's such a sad time .

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Sylvia, I know the close bond you and Helen have. Words seem inadequate at a time like this.

I am so glad that I met Helen, just the once at Launde Abbey, but she made such an impression on me.

Thinking of you all.. Love x

Status
Not open for further replies.