When do we know we're approaching the end of life?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news but glad your dad is at peace. Wishing you all strength.

Nelehit

May 1, 2016
Thank you so much for all your messages. It's felt like a hole in my life. I'd been kidding myself that when dad eventually passed on it would feel like a relief for him and us. Maybe it will in time, but not yet. The pain I've experienced has been the worst I've ever felt (says a lot having naturally given birth to two 9lb+ babies!). Everything has just seemed a bit pointless since. Anyway, it's dad's funeral on Monday so I'm struggling with all the emotions again. My sister and I want to do a eulogy together but can't see myself getting through it. Sad sad times. Very best wishes to everyone on their road coping with a loved one with dementia.

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Ow nelehit it's such early days your greif is the outcome of your love for your dad yes you wanted him to be free of this dreadful illness but your pain is raw
I do hope Monday will give you some comfort and you and your sister get through your eulogy together this is a incredibly sad time for you all I will hold you in my thoughts x

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Thank you so much for all your messages. It's felt like a hole in my life. I'd been kidding myself that when dad eventually passed on it would feel like a relief for him and us. Maybe it will in time, but not yet. The pain I've experienced has been the worst I've ever felt (says a lot having naturally given birth to two 9lb+ babies!). Everything has just seemed a bit pointless since. Anyway, it's dad's funeral on Monday so I'm struggling with all the emotions again. My sister and I want to do a eulogy together but can't see myself getting through it. Sad sad times. Very best wishes to everyone on their road coping with a loved one with dementia.

Nelehit, you will get through the eulogy. My dads funeral was on 26/8 and I had to step up to the plate alone as my older brother (by 8 years) couldn't do it. My husband said to me "it's a celebration of your Dad's life, don't you want others to hear that and how much he meant to you and your family, that should be shared". I thought you are so right, the surprising thing was I didn't cry when I delivered it, I was choked and cried when I sat back down, but I wanted everyone to hear Dad's life story as I am fiercely proud of him. You can do it. I know it's hard, stay strong and hold your head up high. Celebration of life. Xx

Tattoo Lane

Jun 28, 2016
Devon UK
And if you do cry - so what? I'm sure everyone will completely understand. Sending much love to you and your family on your loss, and much strength for Monday - you will do the best you can, and no one can ask more than that. Huge hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx