Worried about John

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Hazel, what a shock.

I`ve only just read about John and it was the last thing I expected. He must be so vulnerable. :(

I do hope this one will clear too.

Love xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Sorry Hazel, I meant it was a good sign in the sense that you were not worried about John at the moment, and that he was doing well.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Hazel,
This is my first time on in a couple of days. I'm so sorry to hear John has another infection. But he has pulled through when he's not been expected to so I'm hoping his great strength of mind and his incredible love of Hazel will pull him through again.
Much love,

Last edited by a moderator:

CassElle

Jun 7, 2005
Blackpool
Hi Hazel

Hope Johns had a good night and you managed to get some rest.
Lets hope the water sample goes early and its results known quickly.

Best wishes to you both. Will be thinking of you both and continue to pray.

Casselle xx

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hazel

Sorry to hear that John has another infection. Hope that the results get back quickly so that treatment can start. As upsetting as it must be, don't give up hope. You and John have already beaten so many infections, there is absolutley no reason why this one should be any different.:)

Sending my love and thoughts to both of you

Burf x x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I see you are online Hazel - and wondering how things are with John today?

Hopefully antibiotics are working for him again.
Take care Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, everyone for the messages.

John is much better today. Still very sleepy, but eating well.

They've sent off a sample for testing, and they also rang for the district nurse to come and inspect his heel. Wonder of wonders, she came within the hour!

I was there when she came, so I got to see the heel for the first time for ages, they usually dress it when they put him to bed. It looks horrendous, a great hole, but the scab has now come off, and the nurse said it was healing well.

She noticed I was giving John Manuka honey, and she said that was good.

He's not on any medication at the moment, they'll wait for the result of the test, unless he deteriorates again.

I feel much happier tonight, though I'll be haunted by that heel!:eek:

Love to all,

jack29

Mar 8, 2008
Just wanted to say thanks for all your help in replying to my messages...just seen you've had so much going on...hope things are improving for you.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Hazel, just hoping that John continues to improve.

She noticed I was giving John Manuka honey, and she said that was good.
I know how important it is for you to still be involved with every aspect of John's care, so well done.

Look after yourself too, that's an order.:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hazel, you are a better person than I am for looking at John`s heel.

When Dhiren had the dressing on his mole changed, I hid behind the door until the nurse said it was OK to look. :eek::D

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
[QUOT
I feel much happier tonight, though I'll be haunted by that heel!E][/QUOTE]

Glad to read you feel happier with John Care . how deep is the hole to be haunted by it :( ?

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Hazel,

I am pleased that John is showing signs of improvement.

I can understand you been haunted by the heel wound as when my dad had very deep skin tears on his leg and infection set in, it was a terrible sight.

Thinking of you and John my best wishes, Taffy.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
How is John doing?

I am hoping the old saying "No news is good news" applies in your case. I was glad to read there was some improvement and I hope the improvements have been continuing.

Take of yourself, my good friend.

Love to you and John,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Joanne.

Things are not too good with either of at the moment. John has a chest infection, and I've had issues with the home.

Not trying to be cryptic, just too upset to explain at the moment. But I will, I promise.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hazel, just to say I am thinking about you.

I , of course, hope for improvement in John's condition, and for you, peace of mind. Not wishing to second guess, but no one is going to look after John as you did.

I wish you all you wish yourselves, truely.