An intro - better late than never!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Diagnosis now changed to semantic dementia

what does semantic dementia mean ?

Just that I have never heard of it .

PS

I change mine profile & could not get it all in part of it is missing , I just must type to much ! And you only get a littlie space to write it in. I have to type it out in Microsoft word cope paste it, because I can’t read back on it. It’s a perfectic littlie space lol

Last edited:

knackered

Apr 8, 2008
Sussex
sue38 profiles

No, I don't have the answer, however there is a whole forum called 'About Talking Point Members'. Could this be used in some way? Or perhaps when registering some pointers as to what to put in the Public Profile could be given. Maybe something along the lines of:-

'Please give as much information about your personal circumstances as you feel comfortable with. This will serve as an introduction and help other users to offer appropriate support and advice. These details might include:- your reason for joining TP, i.e. personal or professional; if you are caring or helping to care for someone with dementia; if so what is your relationship with that person; are you the main carer; does the sufferer live at home, in hospital or in a care home; etc...

Followed by the usual warning about not giving information that could identify you.

Just a thought.

That seems a good idea, I didnt know what was expected when I registered.

On some forums/message-boards, there is a way of checking what any member has posted previously. But I can't find it here. (I know roughly what I've said previously but not on which threads)

Maybe we ought to have a button at the top of each page or by the member's name, for previous posts? That would enable us to be put in the picture about a member's circumstances- at the moment like others I'm doing it from memory.

Sorry to hijack your thread Chess!

knackered

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Knackered

If you click on a name, you have the option to 'View all posts by...' or 'View all thresds started by....

PS Sorry, you have to click 'View Public profile' first.

knackered

Apr 8, 2008
Sussex
Thank you Skye,

I'll have a go.

Wonder what mine says now- I've just tried to edit it but there was no space to say anything really. Perhaps it's my browser?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
No, it's not your browser. It's a short box, but the text moves along. It looks as if you're allowed three lines.

Have another go!:)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Margaret .

CPN is only needed if your mother is having
Paranoia, auditory, visual hallucinations
Delusion, also physiological symptoms & care home do not know how to handle your mother symptoms so they can call in a CPN , then they can talk with you if you would want your mother medicated to stop those symptoms, if care home could not meet those Challenging behaviour because it was distressing your mother to much, as
Thank god I have the intellect to recognize what is happening to me. where with my mother The brain damage has wipe away any intellect she had left to recognize what is happening to her

So I would not worry about having a CPN if your mother is not showing those symptoms . Are you worried about not having a CPN because your mother having some of those symptoms & care home your mother in do not know how to handel those Situation .

My mother not self Self funded & we been told we can not have a CPN , as I only new about CPN for people with AZ from TP .

SO I ask for one for my mother & was told I could only get one if I needed one for me lol 6 years of caring now am thinking yes please give me one , because its me that going physiological mad :D not my mother .

Lucky for me I have the intellect to recognize what happening to me , where with my mother the brain damage has wipe my mother intellect away

Last edited:

CHESS

May 14, 2006
LANCS.
For Maggie

With the local council dealing with various care agencies, they must feel this is the best way of administering the system. Very similar to dinner vouchers, I would have thought.

As far as my Mum is concerned, she hasn't yet had her assessment, but I wouldn't be looking to residential respite just yet. We still go away on holiday, to a cottage in The Lakes. My Mum loves going, and seems more settled there than at home!

If I can get a little more time to myself, with the vouchers, then I feel that will keep me going for now. Will let you know what is decided at the assessment.

Love, Jeanxx

annmitt

Mar 20, 2008
Coventry
Wow Chess, you seem to have started something! I've just edited my profile now, I've not been a member for long, but like you I've found loads of help and advice just by reading through the threads. (Now know what a CPN is - thanks Margarita).

Love and thanks to you all,

Anna :):):)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej