why rock the boat

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
I thought I had it sorted managing just we have come a long way got over hurdles and things in hand day to day each step at a time I have help from a care agencey with dad and he pays his attendance allowance towards it not self funded all of a sudden the manager of the agency rang me after attending dad that morning and says they didnt see why he needs an hour and that half hour would be adequate for his needs. Hang on all is not what it seems with dad oh yes he's up and dressed hair damp it appears all is well but look closely at his clothes they were dirty and grimy food stains from last couple of days and no he hadn't showered just wet his hair to look like he had so all of a sudden the social worker rings me to do a review its in the morning I'm dreading the times being reduced for the last 9 months the carers have been brilliant why rock the boat I work full time live across from dad have gps tracker when I'm at work cos dad is mobile and anyway al in place so I thought

Last edited:

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I you/Dad s paying I guess you call the shots
If he Is funded, then I guess who ever pays the bill is

Whichever, it doesn't sound very satisfactory if he isn't clean

How much is his contribution? Is it realistic for an hour and a half? What does the carer do in that time?

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011
I think it is really important that you put in writing - either email or recorded delivery letter - all your concerns about the quality of the care your father is receiving.

The dirty clothes, the failure to shower him etc,, All of it.

My mother gets half an hour to get her up, toileted, strip wash and dressed and the timing is tight.

Make a list of every last detail that is needed each morning and take it from there. But putting it in writing is vital.

Best of luck with it.

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
I think it is really important that you put in writing - either email or recorded delivery letter - all your concerns about the quality of the care your father is receiving.

The dirty clothes, the failure to shower him etc,, All of it.

My mother gets half an hour to get her up, toileted, strip wash and dressed and the timing is tight.

Make a list of every last detail that is needed each morning and take it from there. But putting it in writing is vital.

Best of luck with it.

Thankyou I appreciate your understanding

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
I you/Dad s paying I guess you call the shots
If he Is funded, then I guess who ever pays the bill is

Whichever, it doesn't sound very satisfactory if he isn't clean

How much is his contribution? Is it realistic for an hour and a half? What does the carer do in that time?

Dad is only paying contribution he is funded for rest he has currently one hour in the morning and half hour at night It works when the carers are familiar with dad they do change his bed do laundry general duties around the house to keep him at home