Help

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone can add some ..something..

Dad went into hospital Monday , vacant , urine Incontinance . He is still in but can be 4 times a night Incontinance even with their pad(nappy) that doesn't soak out, staff so low taking any help off family members around they can, dads fell 4 times and has low became crash mats.
Then don't know what's causing the urine problem , they are looking at meds but no ongoing continuity , I don't know , I've looked up everything .
Does anyone have this Amt to deal with ? Or have causes?

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Sorry that i cant help. Urine infection could be the cause. I hope you get answers soon. Tests take time which is vey hard.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Could mods delete this as there is no help. Thanks.

Hi Kjn,
Big ((((hugs)))) as I don't know why you'd want the thread deleted other than things have got a whole lot worse. If that's the case then please understand we all, on here feel for you.
K

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It was perhaps a bit late for many people to respond to this last night Kerrie. so please keep thread going as more will see it today.
As Quilty has said, tests take time but I would have expected some sort of result by now.
It does sound like same sort of infection, especially as your father's balance seems affected but beyond that I'm afraid I don't know, though of course incontinence is common with dementia as the condition worsens.
It seems awful that you are being left in limbo though and didn't want not to respond to your post. Best wishes, I hope you get some answers.x

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Sorry it sounded wrong, I didn't mean it that way. Just tired.

Dad was vacant and with Incontinance last weekend, he was admitted Monday and still in. They've treated him for inf although nurse yesterday said he didn't have one :rolleyes:
Nobody seems to have a clue , they've said he is medically well to come out :confused: but mum can't cope with him as he is, post code lottery has shown no help for him getting out only finding agencies herself.

Thanks

jhoward

Aug 3, 2011
west sussex
That must be such a strain for you, Kjn.

I get urine infections so before going to the doc, I check the urine. You can buy urine tests online, and I find it much simpler - so that when I do go to the doc with a sample, I don't have to wait for the tests before getting some treatment. Probably sounds a bit crazy, but it really helps in my case.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry to hear things are bad Kerrie. UTIs are awful things. Sorry. Not much help. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet