Having a bad day

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Hope you're doing okay,Red. And your dad too. ❤️️X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Hi Gwendy. The doctor came out yet again last night at 10pm, they were called at 3pm at the local surgery 3 times and then the out of hours service were called. Ridiculous the wait. Disgusting in fact. Anyway. They were called as he can't even swallow a quarter of a teaspoon without choking. The doctor is going to give him 24 hours to see how it goes and if no change then make a decision. Apparently his saliva is going straight down without swallowing and is going into the lungs. There was talk of sending him to hospital even though we have said no more and seen a consultant about it. This doctor then decided any fluid even sub cut would collect on the lung. He has gone hoarse in the week, I read that it's all to do with the muscles of the voice box and people with dysphagia suffer this at some point, so this is just the next stage. I read such sad stories of end of life meds, i don't know why but I feel like it's not happening to me sometimes, but it very much is. He wants food and drink as he is still opening his mouth and he was very agitated last night. It's just cruel in a way this waiting, his tongue is awful. They cant even give a spray to produce saliva to keep his mouth moist as the extra saliva will quite literally choke him. End of life meds if this doesn't improve. It's not going to is it? Hope your Dad doing better than mine.

Evie5831

Nov 7, 2015
Hi Gwendy. The doctor came out yet again last night at 10pm, they were called at 3pm at the local surgery 3 times and then the out of hours service were called. Ridiculous the wait. Disgusting in fact. Anyway. They were called as he can't even swallow a quarter of a teaspoon without choking. The doctor is going to give him 24 hours to see how it goes and if no change then make a decision. Apparently his saliva is going straight down without swallowing and is going into the lungs. There was talk of sending him to hospital even though we have said no more and seen a consultant about it. This doctor then decided any fluid even sub cut would collect on the lung. He has gone hoarse in the week, I read that it's all to do with the muscles of the voice box and people with dysphagia suffer this at some point, so this is just the next stage. I read such sad stories of end of life meds, i don't know why but I feel like it's not happening to me sometimes, but it very much is. He wants food and drink as he is still opening his mouth and he was very agitated last night. It's just cruel in a way this waiting, his tongue is awful. They cant even give a spray to produce saliva to keep his mouth moist as the extra saliva will quite literally choke him. End of life meds if this doesn't improve. It's not going to is it? Hope your Dad doing better than mine.

Hi Red,
How are you doing today, how did your dad cope during the night? Thoughts and prayers going out to you all