Worn out

Anita Mehdi

Jul 11, 2016
My Dad is in hospital in end of life for 10 days now. I have spent the entire time with him in a camp bed . Don't know how he's still here, other than its my birthday today and he wanted to spend one last one with me. Spend all day watching stop breathing then start again. He's been asleep for last two days with 2 syringe drivers. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. Can't sleep incase something happens. I have my Mum living with me and my daughters are trying to hold things together. She spent nine hours at the hospital today and when she leaves her heart breaks. They are both 86 and have been together since they were 14. Don't know how much longer we can do this. My brother was told he had between 3 days and 2 weeks to live and then went on holiday to Spain the next day for 3 weeks!!! Leaving me to deal with loosing and caring for my Dad and also my Mums devastation. She looks terrible. I liove my Dad so much and don't know how I will cope without him. All I can do is watch him die and make sure he is Iain free. X

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Oh Anita what a dreadful situation for you. You sound like you are a very strong lady supporting everyone around you. You must make sure that you get some rest as the pillar of strength will crumble. Happy birthday, not that it must be very happy for you I am sorry to say. Your dad will be in a much better place. Anything is better than this cruel cruel disease. Try and get some sleep, if you can. Red xxx

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
And a happy birthday from me too, Anita. I'm glad that you got to spend it with your Dad though so very sorry that it had to be in these circumstances and in hospital. You must be exhausted x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Anita, this can't be the Happiest of Birthdays for you. You are doing a wonderful thing supporting both Mum and Dad. ....
Wishing you all the best and I hope that you get to spend some of the time for you on your special day.x.x.

Anita Mehdi

Jul 11, 2016
Thank you all for your support, it really does help. Dad got through the night and is still fighting it. His breathing still stopping and restarting, every time I think it's his last breath. So exhausting and emotional. X

Jumbledthinking

Jul 29, 2016
Thoughts and prayers being sent to you. The emotion turmoil certainly takes its toll. Love and best wishes to you x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
That's so hard for you all. Not a very happy birthday for you. I'm sure you will understand when I say that I hope your dad is soon at peace. xx

Anita Mehdi

Jul 11, 2016
Just to let you all know my Dad passed away yesterday at 1.00pm after 12 days and 3 hours on end of life in hospital. Thank you for all your support X goodnight Dad

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
so sorry to read your news Anita Mehdi
may your dad rest in peace
and may it comfort you that you stood by him all this time
my condolences to you and your family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba