Update

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Hi everyone

It's now 20 months since I lost my Darling Mum, who was also my very best friend. I miss her every single moment of the day and wish with all my heart she was still here with me.

However last week I was diagnosed with lung cancer and although I can't describe how I feel and of course want my Mum with me at this time, I also know that this would have been extremely hard for my Mum to deal with, so in that respect I am thankful she is spared that.

Next week I have the first appointment with the Consultant so may then know how bad it is and what they can do.

I am trying to be positive but I do feel that life is stacked against me at the moment, I haven't anywhere near come through the battle of losing my Mum and now I have another battle to deal with.

Sorry for sounding sorry for myself but as everyone is telling me to be positive !!! I needed to let off steam and say that I am scared

Thank you everyone

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Sasky
that's tough for you
life really doesn't pull its punches, does it!

I'm glad you know you can come here and say whatever is on your mind - keep doing so

best wishes

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Sasky ! how awful for you.

I do hope the cancer has been caught in time and your treatment will be successful. Nevertheless you could well do without it.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Keep us in the loop if you can...we'll stand in your corner and support you all the way.....
18 months for my Mum, I understand how much you will want her there, and she will be....in your heart and in your head.x.x.

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Thank you so much everyone. I keep being told to keep positive so outwardly that's what I am doing! But inwardly I am like a bowl of jelly. It's only on this site that I can say how I truly feel

Beetroot

Aug 19, 2015
20 months is no time at all with grief and having to cope with the diagnosis as well must be so hard. The medics will do all they can for you I'm sure.

I would just add, on a practical front, the staff on the Cancer Research support line are magnificent - they can talk through what your consultant's said and help with questions you need to ask and treatment options and go through it all with patience and understanding.

Sending a big hug and best wishes.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So sorry to read your news, and my thoughts are with you. We're all here for you, so please let us know how things go. With love xxx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I was very sorry to hear this Sasky. Such news would cause anyone to have similar feelings as those you describe. It's good that you have chosen to share this with TP and I'm sure you will get such a lot of support as you try to deal with such shocking news.