My new status

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
It's so good to hear that you're now in a much more positive frame of mind. Your plans sound great and we all wish you well.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Oh what a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure you will be very happy in such a lovely part of the country and obviously one that has such special memories for you.
Well done in taking the plunge. It must be a comfort to have family there for you too. x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
That is such good news Jeanette.

You've had so much to contend with in addition to the loss of Gordon, it's wonderful the final scattering of his ashes has given you such a deep feeling of peace.

Please keep in touch with us and let us know when you eventually manage to move back to Nairn. I'm sure it will feel like returning home.

I thought of you when I was doing it. Your special time in India. I hope you felt a similar sense of peace .

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh what a lovely thing to do, and how poignant. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. You were an absolute rock to me when I was going through such a hard time with John, and I've never forgotten your kindness.

I wish you every happiness in Nairn, where we spent a lovely holiday, nearly 40 years ago. :)

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I wish you every happiness Jeanette and peace. How lovely to have found such certainty. Look forward to hearing you are settled xxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Dear Jeanette,

Thank you so much for writing about your plans; in addition to Gordon's illness and passing you have had so many tragedies to face. Much more than most. I'm glad that you are clear about your plans and I hope that the peace you deserve will be found in Nairn.

Well done Jeanette.

Much love,

Lyn T XX

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Oh what a lovely thing to do, and how poignant. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. You were an absolute rock to me when I was going through such a hard time with John, and I've never forgotten your kindness.

I wish you every happiness in Nairn, where we spent a lovely holiday, nearly 40 years ago. :)

My recollections of my time on TP are that I was a very needy, floundering carer and received support, love and understanding from all members and fellow carers.

I think you pay me a compliment I don't deserve Scarlett but I am glad if I have managed to giveback some of the love I received.

Jeannette

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
That is really lovely to read rajahh:) I hope all goes well with your plans, I'm sure it will, its evidently meant to be. Wishing you much happiness and peace:)xx

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Huge kick from me :) Press that button because your Gordon would wont you to

And when you are there please please think of me because Iceland is on my bucket list to go to :)

hugs xxxx

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
oppps realise Im a bit late with this post - sorry. Just read the OP and thought "do it " :)

That made me smile. I never pressed that button. I feel now I want that tostadas a dream I case it disappoints me. I was quite ill at the time and seem tobe recovering a bit so who knows, I plan to renew my passport anyway

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Well a lot has happened in the last 7 days. Rang estate agent, house valued, photos hoot this morning fir advert.

BUT BUT BUT

Someone already knew of a lady who was interested in the complex where I lve. She came this afternoon and not much haggling, she hasnowbought it! No need fir her to sell her own property!!

Now I am quaking at the planning etc. My brother is selling me his bungalow as he is moving in with his son, so no need to go looking in Nairn.

De cluttering in progress at a quicker pace!!

Jeannette

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well a lot has happened in the last 7 days. Rang estate agent, house valued, photos hoot this morning fir advert.

BUT BUT BUT

Someone already knew of a lady who was interested in the complex where I lve. She came this afternoon and not much haggling, she hasnowbought it! No need fir her to sell her own property!!

Now I am quaking at the planning etc. My brother is selling me his bungalow as he is moving in with his son, so no need to go looking in Nairn.

De cluttering in progress at a quicker pace!!

Jeannette

Goodness - you've beaten the speed of light! I hope everything works out OK for you. Does your brother live nearby? Or will you be moving a distance? I wish you well xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So pleased to read so many recent positives on your thread Jeanette. All good wishes for the move to your new home in Nairn and happy decluttering! xx

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Goodness - you've beaten the speed of light! I hope everything works out OK for you. Does your brother live nearby? Or will you be moving a distance? I wish you well xxx

M
Nairn is near Inverness in the Highlands f Scotland. I live 35 miles north of London so a long wY to go.

Excited and scared at the same time.

Last edited:

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Jeanette how great. No time to change your mind.

I hope it gives you the peace you so deserve, once you've done all the rubbish stuff of course. Xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It all sounds as if it was meant to be Jeanette. :)

It also sounds like a whirlwind.

Please try to pace yourself , there`ll be so much to do, but I wish you every happiness and hope you`ll keep us informed.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Golly - you've got Izzy beaten for a fast move! :D Well done you - you surely deserve a lovely, peaceful "retirement" in your new home. Wishing you much joy and happiness there for years to come.