My new status

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Well 10 a.m. Today we are saying goodbye to the baby. It is an outside service, nothing inside at all, snow is forecast but so far it has not arrived.

My daughter and husband have come too, as extended family.

I am not looking forward to it, the size of the coffin will upset us all I am sure.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Wishing you and your family lots of love Jeanette.

A sad time for you all-sometimes it's so difficult to understand why such sorrow happens.

Love as always

Lyn T XXXXX

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
It is over. The service was very special . The lady doing it brought Keon to life with her eulogy.ihonestly didnot think it would be possible to do one fir a 7month old but we were laughing and remembering him. Very special

His 4 year old sister was waving from the limo like a princess and dancing athismusic music

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
It is over. The service was very special . The lady doing it brought Keon to life with her eulogy.ihonestly didnot think it would be possible to do one fir a 7month old but we were laughing and remembering him. Very special

His 4 year old sister was waving from the limo like a princess and dancing athismusic music

I'm glad the service was special Jeanette. From the photo that you posted you could see that Keon was a lovely character. So much mischief in his eyes-he must have had the same type of personality as his sister:) Physically, are you feeling slightly better now you are taking your new meds?

Love

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad it turned into such a special day and had some joy in it.
A celebration of a life that was too short but obviously contained much happiness.
Precious memories. x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Thank you for all the love shown. Yes Lyn I am feeling better. I have not had heart racing or feeling like passing out for three weeks now. I am more confident in going out on my own.

I shall begin to believe it all when a few more weeks have passed without incident.

I am to have echocardiogram and another 6 day heart monitor next month, supposedly to see if medication is doing its job.

Only downside is I am tired all the time, but slowly getting used to meds and hoping that will wear off too.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
It is months since I posted on this thread but wanted to share a real change in the way I feel.

It is over 2 years since Gordon died and although on the surface have looked as if I was coping, inside I have not.

Over the months I have been scattering his ashes on various walks where we lived as this was a sort of promise we made to each other.

I recently went back to where I was living when I met Gordon, Nairn in the Highlands of Scotland. I left it 30 years ago and we never returned together.

Anyway I took the last of his ashes and did the "two bridges walk " round the river Nairn which I walked every day when I lived there and Gordon joined me when he visited. I scattered the remains round a bench where he proposed and also along the path.

When I Got back to hotel I realised I felt "complete" that is the only word I can feel is right.

I realised too that Nairn is where I want to live for the time left to me and today started the ball rolling to sell up!

I have a son who lives near wth three wee ones who I spent time with while I was there, and met up with an old friend too, so it is all systems go.

I feel newly energised, and just so full f expectation.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How very moving. I wish you well. That's s beautiful area too.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
That is such lovely news, that you have found somewhere you will feel comfortable. It will be good to be near your grandchildren and your son too.

I hope your move happens soon for you, so you can start your "new" life. J x

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Many thanks for sharing this, Jeannette. It is so good to hear that you feel that you have turned a corner and know for sure where you want to spend the rest of your days. All the very best to you.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That is such good news Jeanette.

You've had so much to contend with in addition to the loss of Gordon, it's wonderful the final scattering of his ashes has given you such a deep feeling of peace.

Please keep in touch with us and let us know when you eventually manage to move back to Nairn. I'm sure it will feel like returning home.