Lpa date question

Claire0406

Jun 21, 2016
Hi guys,

Lpa all filled in but I have a question about dates. A few people have told us to date it (today for example) then wait a month, then send it?! Others have just said sign and send same week. Does it matter when you send it? We would rather send it soon as then it's all done and dusted. Can anyone explain and direct me to the correct path please! X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just send it,why wait a month?
If anybody involved, with the possible exception of the donor, wants to change anything ,e.g. attorneys not sure if they want to act then they are probable the wrong choice.

Note that certain parts have to be completed and dated in the correct order. It is acceptable for all the dates to be the same.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
it may done onwhthe you have to notify anyone what you are doing.

Years ago doing EPA I had to notify my husbands brothers and give them a month in which to object if they wanted to.

Perhaps that is where you have been given that advice . It m lo peen if th donor is registering it or the attorney.

If attorney then perhaps time is needed for donor to challenge if they wanted to.

I am doing my own and nominated my children, but I am registering it so that period is probably not hecessary

Claire0406

Jun 21, 2016
Just send it,why wait a month?
If anybody involved, with the possible exception of the donor, wants to change anything ,e.g. attorneys not sure if they want to act then they are probable the wrong choice.

Note that certain parts have to be completed and dated in the correct order. It is acceptable for all the dates to be the same.

Can you explain more about the dates in the correct order? X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Can you explain more about the dates in the correct order?"

FIRST
Donor signs section 9

THEN
Certificate Provider signs section 10

THEN
Attorneys sign section 11

At the head of sections 10 and 11 there are appropriate warnings.

This is the second question you have asked about filling in an LPA application, both answers have been on the form.

Have you read all the other notes on the form?
A very important one is specifying how the attorneys should make decisions. section 3 on form.

netsy22

Oct 31, 2015
Send it ASAP

You send it off as soon as it's filled in. The Office for the Public Guardian inform all the people necessary and THEY wait for a month (I thought it was 6 weeks actually) for any objections before they send it back to you registered.
It might take longer than this. Mine took 2 months. The second one took longer because they lost it!!