In need of a virtual hug

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Sorry, I haven't been around much. You are always in my thoughts xx
Rob, so sorry that you have been having a tough time. How are you and how is OH??
Heidi & Gill, how are you doing?
Jackie, how are you and how is dad?
Lou, how is mum?
If I have forgotten anyone, apologies!!
Can I pick your wonderful brains???
Mum has forgotten how to make coffee, today
She is also very shaky.
I'm thinking possible UTI?
So grateful for your advice
Don't know how I would cope without you guys!!
So sorry I take more than I give
Please know that you are all more welcome to PM me at any time
Jenny xxxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Thanks to you all

Dear friends thank you so much for popping on with wishes and support for tomorrow, i don't know how strong I will be tomorrow but thinking of you all will help ...so thank you all again xxxx I've been to the chapel of rest today it did not help much though talking to a closed coffin as this was recommended by the funeral director's maybe I can say goodbye tomorrow, it felt so final today seeing dads coffin.......Jenny,I'm sorry to read about your mum. Perhaps if she does have an infection that may be the reason why she has forgot how to make a coffee, the only thing that I can think of is to perhaps make some cards that you can prop up in the kitchen, and each card illustrating each step in making a cup of coffee....ie.the first with a cup on,then the kettle,then putting a spoon of coffee into the cup etc... Or something similar if you know what I mean,you may even be able to buy them,...sorry I can't come up with something better xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Dear friends thank you so much for popping on with wishes and support for tomorrow, i don't know how strong I will be tomorrow but thinking of you all will help ...so thank you all again xxxx I've been to the chapel of rest today it did not help much though talking to a closed coffin as this was recommended by the funeral director's maybe I can say goodbye tomorrow, it felt so final today seeing dads coffin.......Jenny,I'm sorry to read about your mum. Perhaps if she does have an infection that may be the reason why she has forgot how to make a coffee, the only thing that I can think of is to perhaps make some cards that you can prop up in the kitchen, and each card illustrating each step in making a cup of coffee....ie.the first with a cup on,then the kettle,then putting a spoon of coffee into the cup etc... Or something similar if you know what I mean,you may even be able to buy them,...sorry I can't come up with something better xxx

Dear Exhausted,

Am sending you lots of strength for tomorrow and will be with you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of virtual hugs,

Aisling xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill . I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you say goodbye to your dad . I'm sure he will still be holding your hand tomorrow , as all of us will , to make sure you always feel supported . Take care my friend and when you feel up to coming back on the forum , we will be here for you . Lou xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Gill . I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you say goodbye to your dad . I'm sure he will still be holding your hand tomorrow , as all of us will , to make sure you always feel supported . Take care my friend and when you feel up to coming back on the forum , we will be here for you . Lou xx

I knew you would pop on tonight my friend ...thank you xxx
You will all be with me tomorrow xx
I'm just having a quiet moment to myself before I try to get some sleep xxx goodnight all xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry, I haven't been around much. You are always in my thoughts xx
Rob, so sorry that you have been having a tough time. How are you and how is OH??
Heidi & Gill, how are you doing?
Jackie, how are you and how is dad?
Lou, how is mum?
If I have forgotten anyone, apologies!!
Can I pick your wonderful brains???
Mum has forgotten how to make coffee, today
She is also very shaky.
I'm thinking possible UTI?
So grateful for your advice
Don't know how I would cope without you guys!!
So sorry I take more than I give
Please know that you are all more welcome to PM me at any time
Jenny xxxx

Morning Jenny,
How easy is it to get a urine sample from your mum? Some of our Agency carers have more luck with that than I do, so hopefully someone from your mums helpers can get that to the surgery. That would be the first advice. OH was a bit confused recently without ever confirming a UTI, but the doc put her on antibitiotics for a week as a precaution which worked well.
Of course, sometimes it is just because she is tired and after a few days rest she can return to normal. We seem to up and down at the moment and were doing well enough on Monday for an impromptu evening walk by the sea until a wet night last night even after getting up to the toilet at 3 am.
Best of luck, Rob.

Gill, look after yourself today and I'm sure you will give your dad a good send off. Drop in again whenever you feel ready for it. A big hug coming your way.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Gill , sending you a very big hug today . I hope your dad got the send off he deserved . Sad day . Thinking of you . Lou xxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi Gill , sending you a very big hug today . I hope your dad got the send off he deserved . Sad day . Thinking of you . Lou xxx

Good evening all, sorry its a little late but just wanted to let you know that yesterday went as Well as could be expected ,dad had a lovely send off, and I did better than I thought I would do, I broke down when we. sang the hymns " I vow to thee my country" and " morning has broken" but overall I think I did well considering how close me and dad were,I've been to the cemetery today to have a word with him and to have quiet moment, ii miss him so much even though dad was not really dad since Alzheimer's got a grip but I got used to the dad with dementia,I'm feeling so redundant at the moment and don't know how to move on...but I guess time will do that for me,I've taken a small step today by unsubcribing to the daily emails from the Alzheimer's reading room as I am finding it too painful to receive them daily but I will still keep up with all my dear friends on here xxx
Goodnight all ,sleep well xxx
I forgot to add that I'm still knitting twiddle muffs and will continue to do so and distribute them ...I've finished another one off tonight, it makes me feel useful xxx

Last edited:

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
So glad to hear from you Gill . Im glad your dad got a good send off . It's ok to be sad , shows how much he was loved . It's still very early days so please look after yourself and let us know how you are doing . Take care , hope you manage to get a good sleep . Lou xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Good to hear from you the other day, Gill. It's lovely that you gave your dad the send off you wanted to and that you can still feel close to him by visiting his grave. Lou puts it all better, but I just wanted you know I'm still thinking of you.

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Same here, Gill
I hope that having the good send off will be a comfort to you - you always did well by your dad
now, if I may dare to be so bold, your dad would want you to do well by and for yourself
I still visit my mum's grave once in a while to keep her informed - and I have a cardigan of hers I put on when I need a hug from her
be gentle with yourself, take time to recover, you've been through such a lot
come here when you want - stay away when that's best
thinking of you too

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Same here, Gill
I hope that having the good send off will be a comfort to you - you always did well by your dad
now, if I may dare to be so bold, your dad would want you to do well by and for yourself
I still visit my mum's grave once in a while to keep her informed - and I have a cardigan of hers I put on when I need a hug from her
be gentle with yourself, take time to recover, you've been through such a lot
come here when you want - stay away when that's best
thinking of you too

Thank you, rob and Jackie and of course Lou,for thinking of me,its a great comfort to know that you are still here for me, I do hope that you are all OK, I'm OK and have started on dads room today,its so hard to do but I've told myself I must otherwise it will end up being a shrine, I was OK sorting through the clothes that were new but when it came to the ones he wore daily I just got too upset,so I'm going to do it gradually xxx
Thanks again for not forgetting me and if anyone should want one of my twiddle muffs don't hesitate to ask, my pile of muffs is growing and my knitting is improving I'm doing a lot during the evening's to take my mind off things,....take care all xxxxx
I forgot to tell you that I've booked an holiday cottage on Anglesey we go in three weeks time,its been 9 or 10 years since I've seen the sea or had a holiday so I'm hoping it will do me good xxx

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Glad you are managing your little jobs and sorting your dad's stuff. I know little about that, but am sure it is not something you need to take your time over and allow time to reflect. I am tempted to ask you for one of those twiddle muffs, should I just send you PM.
Have a nice holiday in Anglesey. A bit of sea air is always good for the soul, or maybe that's just my West highland upbringing.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Glad you are managing your little jobs and sorting your dad's stuff. I know little about that, but am sure it is not something you need to take your time over and allow time to reflect. I am tempted to ask you for one of those twiddle muffs, should I just send you PM.
Have a nice holiday in Anglesey. A bit of sea air is always good for the soul, or maybe that's just my West highland upbringing.

Yes. Rob, please pm me... Does oh have a favourite colour and I will see if I have one xxx

cat64

Sep 1, 2014
sending Gill a hug x

Ive popped in and out of this thread since the beginning and have just read about your Dad so sending you a mega hug from Notts.
you deserve your Anglesey trip and hope you try and enjoy it.

My mum is slowly settling in her care home...we are now three months on................if you would like your twiddle muffs to have a new home at some point do pm me I will gladly pay postage and take some to my mums home. x..I unfortunately have two left hands so cant knit at all!
We have just cleared mums house ready to sell...a very weird feeling considering she is still alive.

take care

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Ive popped in and out of this thread since the beginning and have just read about your Dad so sending you a mega hug from Notts.
you deserve your Anglesey trip and hope you try and enjoy it.

My mum is slowly settling in her care home...we are now three months on................if you would like your twiddle muffs to have a new home at some point do pm me I will gladly pay postage and take some to my mums home. x..I unfortunately have two left hands so cant knit at all!
We have just cleared mums house ready to sell...a very weird feeling considering she is still alive.

take care

Hello cat nice to hear from you again and thank you xx pleased to hear that your mum is settling in xx it must of been a strange experience clearing your mum's home... So a big hug to you too xx
About the muffs if I have some spare after taking some to the hospital where dad was in will pm you as I'm knitting. Most evenings. So should not take me too long to get a few done. Xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Thank you, rob and Jackie and of course Lou,for thinking of me,its a great comfort to know that you are still here for me, I do hope that you are all OK, I'm OK and have started on dads room today,its so hard to do but I've told myself I must otherwise it will end up being a shrine, I was OK sorting through the clothes that were new but when it came to the ones he wore daily I just got too upset,so I'm going to do it gradually xxx
Thanks again for not forgetting me and if anyone should want one of my twiddle muffs don't hesitate to ask, my pile of muffs is growing and my knitting is improving I'm doing a lot during the evening's to take my mind off things,....take care all xxxxx
I forgot to tell you that I've booked an holiday cottage on Anglesey we go in three weeks time,its been 9 or 10 years since I've seen the sea or had a holiday so I'm hoping it will do me good xxx

Gill, be kind to yourself and don't rush to sort dad's room out. Leave it a few weeks. Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Here for you xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan