Hurdles to jump

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Tomorrow is our 50th wedding Anniversary, a very special anniversary as anniversaries go. Sadly my husband passed away 11 weeks ago to the day. This will be my first hurdle in the life I now lead.

As a family we will be acknowledging the day together with lunch tomorrow with the younger ones and dinner on Sunday evening with the older ones. Not sure how I will be just hope I can keep it together whilst we are out.

There will be lots more in the months ahead, perhaps not so difficult as this one but get through them I will as many members on here have and still are doing. My thoughts with everyone recently bereaved and those facing these special ' first time ' days.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Jay, I have gone through all the 'firsts' as I'm in my second year of bereavement. I won't insult you by saying it's in any way easy-as it's not. I have chosen to 'celebrate' the way I want to. In my case it's taking the dogs out for the day on my own. However, that's MY way. You do whatever feels right for YOU.

Happy Anniversary, and I hope you remember the happiness you felt on that wedding day 50 years ago.

Love,

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Happy Anniversary to you Jay - a special anniversary. My mum has continued to do something special on their wedding anniversary every year, although my dad died in 2001! She says that their marriage is still something to be celebrated even if one of them is no longer here - and I think she is right.

But I now this first one, particularly will be hard - because today is our anniversary too. (22nd). And the Golden Anniversary is very special. xx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Where you ladies lead I will be following.
Thank you all for a guiding light in these very early days.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad you will have your family with you on this special day Jay.
Sad to be celebrating it alone but I hope you will be able to find solace in the many happy memories your 50 years have built up. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thinking of you Jay on your Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Attachments

• _rose_golden_wedding.jpg
    _rose_golden_wedding.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 631

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi jaymor
wishing you and your family a day full of happy memories and present pleasures

Last edited:

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Wonderful lunch with the young ones today followed by a walk along the towpath and chat to boaters then to the garden centre were Son and daughter in law bought me a large Japanese Maple, red in colour. It's my present and given in memory of his Dad he said. I have to find a shady wind free spot for it in the garden.

Grannie G if you see this post please excuse me a weigh in tomorrow I have been really naughty today and I have a meal tomorrow night with our daughter and her brood.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Wonderful lunch with the young ones today followed by a walk along the towpath and chat to boaters then to the garden centre were Son and daughter in law bought me a large Japanese Maple, red in colour. It's my present and given in memory of his Dad he said. I have to find a shady wind free spot for it in the garden.

Grannie G if you see this post please excuse me a weigh in tomorrow I have been really naughty today and I have a meal tomorrow night with our daughter and her brood.

Glad You enjoyed your lunch. Plant sounds beautiful. What a lovely thought. Enjoy your meal tomorrow night. If you like dessert, do have one!! My favourite is cheesecake.

Aisling xxxxxxxx

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Hi jaymor wishing you much love for the big 50th & hope you manage to enjoy it however you choose to celebrate. Much love to you xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95