Please help- financial and emotional abuse from family !

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Pm sent

Hi Orange 23a. Please reply to my pm Ive just sent with your info as I cannot send you the document Ive done for you as it exceeds message of pm length on here but its all done. xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Nitram, as a matter of interest do you know if that site release the IP or email of the person uploading or downloading to the other party?

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Nitram, as a matter of interest do you know if that site release the IP or email of the person uploading or downloading to the other party?
I've never used this before and didnt have to sign up or anything but it does enable you to delete it once the other person has seen the link x

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Nitram, as a matter of interest do you know if that site release the IP or email of the person uploading or downloading to the other party?"

It does not, the file disappears after 100 days of no activity.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Good morning Orange23a. I hope you are ok and are managing to get everything sorted and have seen my pm with my link for all the info you need to proceed with your objection. Worried I've not heard but hoping its because you're busy getting all the forms completed!! Sending you love, hugs and strength but I know you can do this for your Grandad as I was able to for my Mum and get a successful outcome. Xx

Poppyfields

Sep 12, 2013
An independent court-appointed deputy might well be the best way to safeguard your grandfather. Good luck.

"Might be the best way to go" - from our experience it was definitely NOT - approach with caution as once they are appointed, the COP and OPG are reluctant to cancel deputyship, however the deputy is behaving - I know personally of one court appointed deputy who was paying himself over 3 times as much per week as he was paying to his "client" (who'd received a large compensation payout) I have heard a recording of a meeting where this deputy simply refuses to answer why he is paying himself such a large sum.

When his behaviour was investigated, his deputyship was not cancelled - he was simply ordered to pay himself much less and his client much more - no investigation was made into his previous activity and no request for any monies to be repaid.

The court of protection and the office of the public guardian don't like admitting mistakes as it leaves them open to lawsuits

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
That is appalling Poppyfields. However if the court refuses to allow a family member to take over deputyship, which they will nearly always do if there is an objection from other family members, (I objected to my sister due to massive fraudulent activity on mums accounts whilst Mum lived with her before she moved in with me) they automatically will put a court appointed panel deputy in place which is usually a solicitor, accountant or the local authority. There is no choice in the matter so one just has to hope they are trustworthy. In Mums case its the LA but I don't have a clue what they are charging and taking out of Mums accounts but in any case I do all the work as supply them with accounts and receipts of all the money I spend of the (very small amount) they allow her to have each week. They allow me to have her attendance allowance which pays towards her food, heating, electric and petrol costs which doesn't really cover it but that's all they allow us to have.

Last edited: