Hello looking to benefit from advice on this forum

Mva

May 28, 2016
Hi my name is Michele, I am a full time Carer for husband who 66 years old, and suffers with vascular dementia.
The part I find hardest is getting sleep at night for myself and also my husband.

jjude

Jan 4, 2011
England
Welcome to talking point. I am sure you will find the forum extremely useful as everyone is in the same boat albeit at different stages. Whatever your situation there is always someone ready to offer advice or a hug.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Michele

Welcome to TP from me too. I have had dementia symptoms for 7 years now but remain undiagnosed. Sleep deprivation is very difficult for carers and cared for. I dread going to bed some nights as I know my brain will not shut down and tonight am so tired but 'stuck' can't get myself to bed:(

Lots of support on here.
Best wishes
Sue:)

Steve115

May 17, 2016
Huntingdon area
Sleeping - carer and sufferer.

Hi my name is Michele, I am a full time Carer for husband who 66 years old, and suffers with vascular dementia.
The part I find hardest is getting sleep at night for myself and also my husband.[

Hi Michelle, my wife is the same age your husband and has was diagnosed with VaD just over a month ago. I am also a full time carer for her. This has been building up for some time coming to a head 3 months ago. Like you I dread night time as my wife has always been a night owl and often wants to stay up late i.e. 3 a.m. or even later. I spoke with my GP (and the surgery nurse) who has prescribed a sleeping tablet and an anti-psychotic. These have definitely helped as she is more relaxed getting towards bed time though it is mostly midnight these days. Even now I do not go to sleep until I know that she is fully asleep, this can take up an hour itself. However, it is now rare for her to try and get up in the night it is not unknown. It is certainly very tiring.Good luck, there is certainly a lot to learn and most of it will be by trial and error.]

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan