In need of a virtual hug

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry to read this but glad your Dad's passing was peaceful. Be kind to yourself, its been a long hard journey for you - wishing you strength for the days and weeks ahead.

Take care xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Oh Gill, I'm so very sorry read your news
I hope it's a great comfort to you that he passed peacefully and that you have been walking this last journey with him, looking after him with such love and kindness and commitment
The old trooper did his country and family proud; he raised a wonderful daughter who did him proud
May he rest in peace
and may you find peace

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Gill , I am so very sorry to hear about your dad . Your dad sounded like a true inspirational gentleman who fought so very hard to stay with you . He would have been proud to have raised such a compassionate and caring daughter . I have only caught a glimpse of your special relationship when you have shared your stories with us , but I can sense the special bond you had and I can only express my sadness at this very sad news . You have been so kind and supportive to me through this thread , please allow me to repay that as you grieve for your lovely dad . If and when you are ready it would be so nice if you kept in touch with us . Sending you a very big virtual hug . Will be thinking of you Gill . Lou xxxx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Gill , I am so very sorry to hear about your dad . Your dad sounded like a true inspirational gentleman who fought so very hard to stay with you . He would have been proud to have raised such a compassionate and caring daughter . I have only caught a glimpse of your special relationship when you have shared your stories with us , but I can sense the special bond you had and I can only express my sadness at this very sad news . You have been so kind and supportive to me through this thread , please allow me to repay that as you grieve for your lovely dad . If and when you are ready it would be so nice if you kept in touch with us . Sending you a very big virtual hug . Will be thinking of you Gill . Lou xxxx

Lou, I don't feel that I have been supportive to you or any of our little group,I feel that I have been the one having the support, if I can repay you all in any way I will, I will continue knitting my twidle muffs and distribute them where required its the least I can do, so if any one would like one just ask and I will pop one in the post xxx
Thank you to everyone, rob,Jackie,jenny,Sylvia for your kind words of condolence xxx
I'm so lost now I don't know what to do with myself, I might follow in Heidi's footsteps
Why do I feel that I have failed him for not getting to the hospital in time....if only I had not waited for my sister to take a shower I might of got there in time
When I was with him last night he was pleading with me not to feed him so I respected his wishes and throughout the night I had a feeling that something was going to happen I should of just headed up there first thing this morning.. Even in his very confused state ...the last thing he said to me was " watch what you are doing " he never stopped looking out for me even in the grip of dementia... iim going to miss him so much xxxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Please gill , do not have regrets for not being there . As I always say to my patients , sometimes it's not to be . I have seen it many times when patients slip away when their family aren't there because that's how they want it , so please do not feel you have let him down . You could never let him down . You have been with him during one of the toughest times , perhaps he wanted to spare you at the last hurdle . See, he was still thinking of you , right to the end . Maybe your right , maybe your vocation lies in caring for others . It's something to think about in the coming months and if you do choose that path , then you will be a great asset to the profession . Try and get some rest . You know we will be here , whenever you want a chat . Lou xxx

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Oh dear I am so so sorry to read this sad news and I know there are no words to say to take away all the emotions you are feeling. You were the best daughter in the world to your dearest Dad and so please don't feel bad about not being there at the end because what is most important is that you were always there for Dad in life and always did your best for him. I don't come on TP that much but your posts have always been inspirational in the way you've loved and cared for your Dad through extremely tough times and I know myself how very hard that must have been. The love and care you gave him was just amazing and I know being without him now will be very hard too but you have to be so proud of yourself as to how you have coped with this terrible disease and how you've always done your very best for your lovely Dad. You were blessed with a very special relationship too which many do not have and wherever you go, and whatever you do, your Dad will always be with you, just out of sight, loving you and looking out for you as he always did and knowing that will keep you strong to face the coming times. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Xxxxxx

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Gill
please no regrets - you were always there for him, your dad knew that to the very depths of his being
it feels to me that he said his farewell to you, gave you his blessing and then relaxed into sleep
as Lou says, so many people go this way - he wanted you to rest; his final gift to you
"watch what you are doing" he told you, live your life, enjoy it, take care of yourself and be as good to yourself as you have been to me, is what he surely meant
be gentle with yourself my friend

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have quietly followed your story. Your father is at peace now and you did your very best for him, and can be very proud of that. Keep hold of the happy memories. Wishing you strength and peace at this difficult time.

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
I am so sorry to read of your dads passing. I know how you must be feeling as I have been there recently and I wish I could say something to ease your pain. You can be so proud of yourself for the love and care that you gave to your dad on your journey together as I am sure that he is so proud of you. May he rest easy and sleep in peace. Look after yourself. xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hello all,just wanted to let you know that dad passed away peacefully this morning, i didn't quite get to the hospital in time but was with him last night, I'm a bit numb yet but just wanted to let you all know and to thank you all for all your support over these past months you truly have been a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear
Thank you so much xxxx

Am so sorry Exhausted. May your lovely Dad Rest in Peace. Sending you virtual support and many blessings.

Aisling xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Am so sorry Exhausted. May your lovely Dad Rest in Peace. Sending you virtual support and many blessings.

Aisling xx

Thank you all for all your kind words I don't feel Worthy of the praise that you have given me, I can't seem to look back and find anything remarkable that I did for my dad xx
Its hit me hard today ,I won't see my dad again ,I won't hear him calling for me,but I know I've got to be strong to get through it.....can't even start any arrangements yet as the coroner has requested a post mortem because the consultant on the ward could not give a reason for dads passing.the nurse who was looking after him had said that they were managing to get him eat some porridge and then suddenly noticed a change in him so they got him back into bed ( they had sat dad in a chair to give him his breakfast ) she then went to telephone me and went to sit with him and then he just slipped away before I could get there...sorry but I just needed to share this xx
I do hope that you are all OK,I won't forget you all xxx
Please let me know how you are all doing, dementia will always be a big part of my life xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have quietly followed your story. Your father is at peace now and you did your very best for him, and can be very proud of that. Keep hold of the happy memories. Wishing you strength and peace at this difficult time.

Thank you for taking an interest in my story I had no idea...what remarkable people you all are xxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I agree with Jenny. Keep in touch Gill. A daft question, but am concerned if you are getting any more sleep at the moment. All the best, Rob.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thank you Lou xx I've been thinking of all of you also,you have all been such good friends I don't want to let go of you all xxx

That's what TP is. A group of friends

Don't ever feel lost... Or that you lose friends.... Once a member of TP, you always have friends

xxxxxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
That's what TP is. A group of friends

Don't ever feel lost... Or that you lose friends.... Once a member of TP, you always have friends

xxxxxx

Couldn't agree more! I can't ever imagine not keeping in touch with the fabulous people who help me on a daily basis!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet