So bizarre !

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
So very sorry to hear that your Mum died. Regardless of recent events, she was your Mum. She carried you, gave birth to you, nurtured you, and moulded you into the strong, kind caring person that you are today. You are probably feeling some very mixed emotions now.
Thinking of you all with sympathy and love....Maureen.x.x.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
So sorry to hear that Ann.

I got a bit of a start I must admit as I started at the end so you can imagine it was a surprise to read it was your own mum.

Take a step back from everything Ann and take some time to reflect over what might have been.

And just remember that you did your best at all times

X

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Sorry Ann, family relationships can be so hard. if strong enough, sometimes all we can do is turn away.

Look forward to seeing you back here soon.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Ann - sorry to hear such sad news, I remember you taking the decision to not have anything more to do with your mum, and given that your other sisters had already taken that decision, I suspect that you had persevered for a long time to try and make it work.

It will be an odd time with the history of strained relationships.

Hugs to get through this time. And remember you had to do the right thing for you at the time and it shows your strength that you walked away.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
So sorry to hear about your mum, Ann. Like you didn't have enough to deal with.
We'll all be thinking of you in the coming days.

IzzyJ

Aug 23, 2015
Cotswolds
I truly understand your mixed emotions Ann. I think you are an amazing person, with infinite compassion and understanding, so don't go letting any guilt feelings surface. Some people can't seem to help making themselves impossible for others to be with.

RedLou, those photos are fantastic! Sounds like a really great trip - so brilliant that you were upgraded as you were too. I can't really get my head round the lunar eclipse, but I do know I want to now!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
(((Ann))) I am so sorry for your loss. When my father died (we had very little contact for almost 20 years) my over-riding emotion was of sadness that there would now be no possibility of our relationship improving in the future, I suspect you might be feeling something similar. You are such a compassionate person - but that does mean that the old guilt monster can easily dig its claws in. If it tries, please give it a black eye and send it packing - you have nothing to reproach yourself for.

RedLou, what fantastic photos! I can understand why you called that the 'holiday of a lifetime'. It sounds as if it came at just the right time for you too.

Chaucer 1931

Mar 30, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum,take care and be kind to yourself through the complicated grieving..(((hugs))).xxx