My Father has Passed Away.

dadalz

Nov 20, 2015
My father who suffered from vascular dementia passed away on Monday 2nd April. Today is his funeral.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
So sorry for your loss. Sending you much love and strength to get through today and the coming days. A very sad time but he is at last at peace now from this horrible illness. Xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
My condolences, too, dadalz
I hope the funeral is the send off you want for your father

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to hear that. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to hear that.
Wishing you strength in the weeks to come. xxxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
So Sorry................

Too hear that & much sympathy on your sad loss Wishing you strength in the days & weeks too come

Grove x

pitstop

Aug 29, 2014
My father who suffered from vascular dementia passed away on Monday 2nd April. Today is his funeral.

So sorry for your loss. Hopefully his funeral has given you and your family and friends the opportunity to look back at the good times and the times when your dad was really your dad.x

JohnBG

Apr 20, 2016
Lancashire UK
So sorry.

My mum and dad passed on some time ago so I understand your pain, as said you will remember the happy times, do take care seek all the help you need.

John.

purplerain

May 19, 2016
Your father

My father has vascular dementia - he is lovely but sometimes worries me
Seeing your post has put everything in perspective - thinking of you x

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I am sorry to hear your update. Please accept my condolences on the death of your father. I will be thinking of you and your family.

dadalz

Nov 20, 2015
Thank you, kindly everyone for all of your kind words. I'm glad to announce that the funeral went very well and everything fell into place so beautifully. There was a fantastic church service and then the celebration took place at a large restaurant on the seafront. I am very lucky to be living by the sea and my Dad loved the see. The thing that upset me most was watching the dementia eating him away and suffering from the other ailments that accompany that nasty desease. My Dad had been in a rest home, but he had (as they all do) been begging to come home, so my sister and I decided to give him the chance, naturally with community care. I was glad that for the short period that he was home, I was able to cook his favourite pasta dish for him. It wasn't long after that he had to be rushed to hospital and he never came out. The hospital staff were absolutely wonderful and did all they could to make him comfortable. The good thing is, he is not suffering anymore and is now at peace and reunited with my mother.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Thank you, kindly everyone for all of your kind words. I'm glad to announce that the funeral went very well and everything fell into place so beautifully. There was a fantastic church service and then the celebration took place at a large restaurant on the seafront. I am very lucky to be living by the sea and my Dad loved the see. The thing that upset me most was watching the dementia eating him away and suffering from the other ailments that accompany that nasty desease. My Dad had been in a rest home, but he had (as they all do) been begging to come home, so my sister and I decided to give him the chance, naturally with community care. I was glad that for the short period that he was home, I was able to cook his favourite pasta dish for him. It wasn't long after that he had to be rushed to hospital and he never came out. The hospital staff were absolutely wonderful and did all they could to make him comfortable. The good thing is, he is not suffering anymore and is now at peace and reunited with my mother.

So sorry for your loss but so glad that you had a celebration of his life x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa