In need of a virtual hug

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Congratulations Heidi. :):)

Morning Gill, not seen ou for a day or two. Hope all is well with your dad and you managed to get some support on the CHC question. Take it easy and don't post unless you have the time and energy.

Morning Jenny. I noticed somewhere else your mum is up and feeling a bit better, that's good news.

All the best to you and to Shedrech and Lou. Cheers, Rob :)

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Thanks very much Rob.

I'm currently jumping through the required hoops and have been making notes on compassionate communication.

I hope you and OH are well.

All the best, Heidi

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Heidi
CONGRATULTIONS on the BUPA job
I'm really pleased for you - how exciting to have this new stage in your life opening up
They are so lucky to have you; they've obviously recognised your abilities and experience - and with good training, you'll be an asset to them, a kindly support for the residents, and have settled into a good career

Hello everyone
sorry to be brief - am dealing with some things - dad's OK

very best to all

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been off the radar.
Mum still not well. The reduced blood pressure medication plus good food isn't having the positive effect I was hoping for. Dementia accelerating rapidly

You are all always in my thoughts. I am reading and sending my love & best wishes to you all xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been off the radar.
Mum still not well. The reduced blood pressure medication plus good food isn't having the positive effect I was hoping for. Dementia accelerating rapidly

You are all always in my thoughts. I am reading and sending my love & best wishes to you all xxx

Evening Jenny.

Sorry your mum is not getting any better. I read your thread, but couldn't help. Sleep well and look after yourself.

All the best to everyone. Rob :)

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Fantastic news Heidi !!!! I am sooooo pleased for you . It's been a difficult year for you but you have now got something positive to look forward to. I may only know you 'virtually ' but I can sense a caring person through all our communication . Like any establishment a care home can be very demanding of your time but please make that difference to the people who live there . Be the kind and considerate person that I know you are . One of my patients said to me today , that I showed I cared because I smiled and stroked her hand and told her I would look after her . Small things ! But wow do they mean I lot . So remember to smile , use touch and reassure them by saying you will look after them . All of these things I know you will do in abundance because you most definitely care . Wishing you all the very best in your fabulous new career path . You will be an asset to them . Lou xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hello , Gill, Jackie , Jenny , Rob and all who post in this thread . I hope each of you and your families are doing as well as they can . I will post more soon . I have been trying to be disciplined with myself and going to bed a bit earlier . I bought one of these sleep mist sprays which im glad to say is working !! Speak soon . Take care everyone . Lou X

fremington6

Apr 30, 2013
Devon
What an evening

Today I had a 'day off' but oh my have I paid for it. My OH threw such a wobbly this evening and after half an hour of abuse and pulling his clothes out of the wardrobe to leave he went off to bed at 7.00pm. Been up once for toilet and more comments,sitting here dreading going to bed ... But hopefully all will be forgotten in the morning. Just needed to tell someone and get it off my chest x

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Aww fremington6 , in so sorry to hear your ' time off' was ruined a bit by the drama that ensued . I know only too well about tantrums . I really hope you have a peaceful night and things are better in the morning . Please don't allow what happened put you off having some time to yourself , you definitely need and deserve it . Let us know how you get on . Take care . Sending you one of those hugs that are in the title of this thread . Lou ({}) X

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi fremington6
yep those kinds of responses just sneak up and give you a thwack, when you're just looking the other way
just seen Lou beat me to replying - and said what I would have said - so, it's a ditto from me

oops pressed button too soon

Hi Lou
do great minds think alike???? I've been trying to alter my bedtime too - not good going well after midnight, and since sleep is so important to clear out the brain, I thought I'd better try to 'sleep healthy' - when you have some time, tell more about the sleep spray, please

To all
a GOOD night

Last edited:

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hello , Gill, Jackie , Jenny , Rob and all who post in this thread . I hope each of you and your families are doing as well as they can . I will post more soon . I have been trying to be disciplined with myself and going to bed a bit earlier . I bought one of these sleep mist sprays which im glad to say is working !! Speak soon . Take care everyone . Lou X

Evening all, hope that you sleep well Lou,I'm pleased to hear that the spray is working ...how is your mum doing xxx
and well done to you Heidi, we all knew that you would get the position , we wish you well with your career,but please don't forget about us let us know how it is going xxx
Jackie, I have read that you have something's to sort out I hope that you will get them sorted soon,pleased to read that your dad is OK xxx
Jenny,I'm sorry that you are having a time of it with your mum, I hope things settle soon,we are all thinking of you xx
Rob, " hello" hope that all is well with you and oh xxx
Things are no better with dad,he's still in hospital on the urology ward, and we are now facing the prospect that the home will not allow him to return so will not be able to go back there until we find a suitable nursing home,my poor dad,he fought for his country and now when he needs something in return I feel that he's been let down,at least I'm still in his corner fighting for him
Goodnight all,speak soon xxx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Thanks so much Lou, Shedrech and Rob for your kind words and advice. Things I'll definitely do in my new role. I feel so lucky. And I live so close that the admin assistant said that she would ring me instead of posting things out ( my suggestion ) and I would pop down to pick them up. Save on time and stamps. Something in me will only truly relax when everything is finalised, but........I'm wearing in my work shoes !!

JK I am so sorry to hear that you and your Mum are having a hard time. Sending ((((virtual hugs))))
and love to you.

Lots of love, Heidi xx

hvml

Oct 10, 2015
North Cornwall
Gill - are you ok? It must be so hard to keep going through it. Your dear Dad and you are weathering the storm and deep in the heart of it. I am thinking of (((((((((((you)))))))))))) xx

Thanks so much for your congrats. I am really chuffed
I might get on to training on Monday if there is a space .

Please make sure you look after yourself when you can. I feel for you.

Lots of love, Heidi xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hello all!

I haven't been posting much because I've been very occupied with mum (still poorly after her collapse, nearly three weeks ago) I have been reading and thinking about you all, though

Good news here is that carers will be going in, three days a week, in the morning from next Wednesday. That's three days I don't have to worry about breakfast and medication!!

Hopefully the carer will be able to help with the washing machine as well, as I don't think Mum knows how to use it

Thank you for all your support. Hopefully I will have the time to offer support back!!

Much love to you all

Jenny

xxx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi Jenny , I hope your mum is on the mend . They are such a worry . You will be exhausted too , worrying about her, so please look after yourself . Don't worry about not posting , you have a lot to deal with . Sending you a hug to let you know I am thinking of you ({}). Lou xx

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Gill - are you ok? It must be so hard to keep going through it. Your dear Dad and you are weathering the storm and deep in the heart of it. I am thinking of (((((((((((you)))))))))))) xx

Thanks so much for your congrats. I am really chuffed
I might get on to training on Monday if there is a space .

Please make sure you look after yourself when you can. I feel for you.

Lots of love, Heidi xx

Hello Heidi, thank you for finding the time for us xxx
Its not looking good for dad at the moment, the hospital called early this morning asking if I wanted to go up as he is not well, I've been there until not long ago have come home now ,the staff are going to call me if he detirorates any more,just hoping he will find " the old trooper" spirit and pull through xxx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Its not looking good for dad at the moment, the hospital called early this morning asking if I wanted to go up as he is not well, I've been there until not long ago have come home now ,the staff are going to call me if he detirorates any more,just hoping he will find " the old trooper" spirit and pull through xxx

Gill,

You and your dear Dad are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.

Hugs

Jenny xxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol

Sorry to hear that Gill. You have both gone through so much since Chrstmas, hope you got a good sleep and your dad can pull through this. Best wishes and a hug, Rob

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
morning Gill
oh dear, so sorry to read of your dad
and you must, again, be mentally and physically exhausted
as always, very best wishes to you both

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Just read your post Gill. I hope the trooper spirit kicked in last night and your dad is feeling stronger today ? I doubt you got much sleep but I hope you have found some more strength to help you through this spell . I am keeping you both in my thoughts. When you get a chance let us know how your dad is . My very best wishes and hugs to you both . Lou xx