Operation count down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Can't you book yourself into a cheap B&B for next week to avoid the train strikes? Would be much less stressful.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Yay I got a lift later on this avo and for Sunday too :) can spend all day with him Sunday as friend drop me off there and pick me up in evening . So excited xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Loads. Of. Awesome! :):D:)

Have a lovely time, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Really pleased you've got a lift Heike.

Fab John can still manage some stuff on messenger so you could keep in touch. Even if you can't see him sounds like hospital is looking after him right with physio.

I use online shopping for all my food. Worth a try, although nice to be out of the house as well if you are on your own.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Brilliant , Brilliant NEWS !

Yay I got a lift later on this avo and for Sunday too :) can spend all day with him Sunday as friend drop me off there and pick me up in evening . So excited xxxx

Chick am so :) :) for you & it is times like this that you find out who your TRUE friends :) are ! Glad you are able too visit John twice !

Safe travel & enjoy your visits !

( shame the Rehab Hospital is not any nearer too your Town )

Still you have 2 Visits so that is very good :)

Thinking of you both

Love Grove x x

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Good Idea

Glad you've been able to chat to your husband on messenger.

I wonder if your local Age UK might have a list of charities who offer lifts to people. There must be other people who are affected by the train strike and who need to visit the hospital John is in.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/folkestone/

According to their website, Shepway Volunteer Centre have a community transport scheme, so they may be able to help.

http://www.volunteershepway.co.uk/enhancing-lives-supporting-communities/

Hi Chick agree with Sprio :) am sure there is a Charity that would be :) too help you ( especially as your are the Carer etc & John has extra needs ) Do please , please contact them & good luck

Hope it helps :)

Grove x x

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
All sounds on the UP, Heike! Brilliant news. Sending my love and big hugs for you both as always. And to everyone else (Beate, Izzy) too! Shelagh Xx:)

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Really happy and relieved you have a lift for this afternoon and Sunday Heikechick. It must be such a relief for you, and John will be happy to know you don't have to fight with the trains.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Have a lovely visit, and great news abut the lifts. It's true, it's at times like this when you find out what a real friend means to us. xxx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Chick great to hear you have got lifts sorted out as others have said this is when you find out who your true friends are.
Hope you have a lovely time with John this afternoon xxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I managed to surprise him aww his smile when he saw us said it all :) He needs a wheelchair still but looks so much better ImageUploadedByTalking Point1463164390.740426.jpg

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
FAB. News.

I managed to surprise him aww his smile when he saw us said it all :) He needs a wheelchair still but looks so much better View attachment 51036

Chick. Glad you were able too surprise John

Sounds like you both had a good visit.

Pleased. John is looking better. FAB. Photo.

Thinking of you both

Enjoy the next visit.

Love Grove x

EDIT = Looked on the Map where the Rehab Hospital is , a lot further away from your Home then I thought ! > Sorry you still have a long journey Chick x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.