Operation count down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello all , sorry I didn't reply to you all but I fell straight asleep at the hotel. The room is clean but a sweat box only a tiny window and the room is right at the top. The noise is terrible too as its on the main road but hey my johns alright and that's all it matters. Think they are taking the drains out today and he is got to get up and walking. They are really quick . Off to have a shower . Catch you in a little while xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Morning my lovely, sorry about your hotel room being hot and noisy, but the main thing is John seems to be doing really well and you will be with him from today in the side room. And every day he will improve, so you are both out the other side. Thinking of you both, much love, Diana xxxxxxxxxxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Morning

Chick , Sorry about the Hotel :( but good you slept well. Brilliant news from the Hospital :) what a relief for you

Thinking of you & John

Love , Support & Hugs

Grove x

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Morning Chick sorry your hotel was awful but it's great that John will get up today hope you are able to relax a bit more now xxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
At hospital now and he is in a lot of pain and has been sick :( he does not look too good and is very slow bless. Waiting for docs to see him but they kicked me out to relative room. Bit upset as not spoken to a doctor yet and they keep on telling John but he forgets it afterwards. So much for dementia awareness . Think I will speak to pals today explaining that John is quite good in conversation but can't recollect it 5 min later grrrr

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Chick when my dad was in hospital early this year I explained dementia to every dr, nurse, physio etc who entered dad's room.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
At hospital now and he is in a lot of pain and has been sick :( he does not look too good and is very slow bless. Waiting for docs to see him but they kicked me out to relative room. Bit upset as not spoken to a doctor yet and they keep on telling John but he forgets it afterwards. So much for dementia awareness . Think I will speak to pals today explaining that John is quite good in conversation but can't recollect it 5 min later grrrr

That is really bad Heike. I don't know much about it as we don't have PALS here but I wondered if you could get them involved. You should be allowed to stay with him and it's totally unforgivable that they're telling John and not you. I'm really angry on your behalf. :mad:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Chick when my dad was in hospital early this year I explained dementia to every dr, nurse, physio etc who entered dad's room.

I did too but because Johns conversation skills are quite good they keep on saying are you sure he's got dementia!!! Getting frustrated . They put confusion down to operation last night eh no he is always confused at night

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I did too but because Johns conversation skills are quite good they keep on saying are you sure he's got dementia!!! Getting frustrated . They put confusion down to operation last night eh no he is always confused at night

That boils my blood :mad:
Ask to speak to the lead dementia nurse/ safeguarding officer. If the ward don't cooperate ring the hospital switchboard & ask to be put through to them.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent

Please insist you are allowed to stay with him. This is when I was forced to make a formal complaint against the hospital. It`s a disgrace. Your husband needs you, not a bunch of strangers who don`t even understand the very basics of dementia.

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
hope you can get to speak to a doctor soon. Dreadful that they haven't and I am sure it will be in his notes he has dementia. I am frustrated for you chick! Hope he goes on okay and you get to stay with him more.
Look after yourself xxxxxxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I agree with everyone Heike. If there is a Dementia Nurse you should go to them first. I can't see why dementia is not in John's notes, you would have mentioned it at pre op. Good luck trying to get hold of someone and I hope John settles down very soon. All the very to you both.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Hello Chick,
Thoughts with you!!!
Might it be time to contact dementia officer that someone (Celia?) mentioned on here???
Sending much love and strength. G x

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to hear they are not being dementia friendly, you need to kick up a stink. I had to with my mum as she presented so well, and I was basically called a liar when I said she had dementia, so I made each nurse on each ward check her meds list with Aricept in it! They discharged her without my knowledge, and when I went to visit she was about to go to a rehab home, they kept repeating that she had agreed to it, and then suddenly when I said I hold H & W POA and don't believe she has capacity the wheels turned very very fast, and the most senior person (it was 6pm on a Friday) in the hospital arrived to apologise.

Kick up a fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.