But oh those lonely nights .........

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Izzy and Scarlett, I've just eaten a piece of cake for each of you - and then one for myself, as it would have been rude not to join in your celebration! :-D Well, they were very small pieces of cake, in my opinion!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Izzy and Scarlett, I've just eaten a piece of cake for each of you - and then one for myself, as it would have been rude not to join in your celebration! :-D Well, they were very small pieces of cake, in my opinion!

Cheers LadyA! x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday Scarlett. Sorry i`m so late, I`ve only just seen.

Attachments

• birthday tub.jpg
    birthday tub.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 347

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you all so much, and Happy Birthday Izzy. :) My birthday is actually on Saturday, but I'm always happy to have a "Birthday Week".

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
A friend took me to see Florence Foster Jenkins today, with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant, and it was a great film. Tomorrow I'm being taken by another friend to the 02, to see Il Divo. :D

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
A friend took me to see Florence Foster Jenkins today, with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant, and it was a great film. Tomorrow I'm being taken by another friend to the 02, to see Il Divo. :D

So pleased you enjoyed the film, I love Meryl Streep she is so good. Then tomorrow you have another outing, hope you enjoy yourself. And a very Happy Birthday for Saturday, are you doing anything that day? xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So pleased you enjoyed the film, I love Meryl Streep she is so good. Then tomorrow you have another outing, hope you enjoy yourself. And a very Happy Birthday for Saturday, are you doing anything that day? xxx

Hopefully, I will be seeing my grand-daughter, and we will go out for lunch. As you know, I'm always on tenterhooks as to whether it will get cancelled at the last minute, but I live in hope.

I have Choir One on Sunday, and then I'm going with a friend to see Jersey Boys on Tuesday. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you so much for you lovely wishes. Il Divo was wonderful, and I was so moved by their performance, I found myself crying several times - what a wuss! And then at one point I realised that Lucy, my very wobbly tooth, was descending ....... and it dropped out!!!!

It's a top one, not at the end, but if I smile in a lop-sided way, it doesn't show - much. ;) I had a lovely day today with my grand-daughter, and we had a nice lunch out, and when we stopped at the Crematorium, on the way home, I saw a small cactus plant behind John's plaque. You may remember that my little pot of artificial flowers was taken a few weeks ago.

John collected cacti, and at one time had hundreds, and my grand-daughter had bought it, and gone with her friend on the bus last week, because she knew how upset I was that the little pot had been taken, and she thought that someone would think twice about taking a cactus plant - wasn't that lovely. :)

No card from my daughter, but I had bought a lemon cheesecake to have at home, my grand-daughter's favourite, so I asked if it would be OK if I put 3 pieces in a container for her to take home, and she said that would be fine, and how could anyone object to cheesecake. So that's what I did and I've taken her home now, after a lovely day.

My son's Skypeing in a short while, and then I'm going to watch The Lady In The Van DVD, after I've cooked myself a piece of fillet steak , with mushrooms and broccoli. :D And I shall have a Bailey's, or 3, as well. ;)