new carers assessment

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
has anybody got any idea about the new carers assessment ie carers personal budget,i rang up the other day and felt like i was begging so i could get one,i know that the cas payment has been replaced with a budget to allow me to get something to help with my caring needs,but how much is it etc,adult social care really annoy me,i don't get any help,i care for denise myself,no home care etc,other years they allowed my cas payment for the internet because it gives me a break upstairs because i can't leave her alone,she's 46 saturday and stuck back in 2004,daren't tell her her real age,daren't tell her mine,she cries,life's a mess,care coordinator left and yet to meet the replacement,but now have an admiral nurse on board,nice chap.

la lucia

Jul 3, 2011
has anybody got any idea about the new carers assessment ie carers personal budget,i rang up the other day and felt like i was begging so i could get one,i know that the cas payment has been replaced with a budget to allow me to get something to help with my caring needs,but how much is it etc,adult social care really annoy me,i don't get any help,i care for denise myself,no home care etc,other years they allowed my cas payment for the internet because it gives me a break upstairs because i can't leave her alone,she's 46 saturday and stuck back in 2004,daren't tell her her real age,daren't tell her mine,she cries,life's a mess,care coordinator left and yet to meet the replacement,but now have an admiral nurse on board,nice chap.

Replying partly to bump the thread and partly to say it's a postcode lottery. Some areas seem to offer help, mine offers nothing but don't let that put you off - get the assessment and see what they say in your area. Best of luck - you need and deserve a break.