ESA Medical assessment

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
there is no facility to record PIP unless the claimant can provide dual recording facilities for themself.

It seems so bizarre to change normal procedures like this I'm wondering whether whoever passed on this information to Slugsta got it wrong. Expecting people to bring their own recording equipment with them would illegally discriminate between claimants, for example (the few who had such equipment being comparatively advantaged over those who didn't).

I can quite believe PIP assessors haven't bought in any / enough recording equipment but I struggle to believe they're not required to have it available and use it when the client requests. Would suggest checking with DWP, your MP, CAB or anyone else likely to know.

aprilbday

Jan 27, 2016
Washington, DC USA
Slugsta- I also have degeneration. It's my spine and knees. My neck too which causes my arm to go numb. Awful.
Maybe dementia makes me forget I have the pain!!!

mary2000

Mar 24, 2016
West Sussex
OMG i have this tomorrow,my son is coming with me, he has to i wouldnt find my way there.
So hubby left me as he cannot cope and son has come home to look after me bless him.
I am scared to death they will put me in the work catagory,that would be a joke, son would have to come with me lol. I got finished from my nursing career because of this horrid altzheimers and my life is in ruins. No career, no job and no money and no memory.
Well wish me luck everyone xx

So glad it is now behind you and you have to wait for the result. It is such a stressful time. They always seem to run over by a few hours and I often wonder if that is part of the assessment that they watch you to see how you cope with the wait. I could be wrong but probably just cynical. Anyway good luck with the result of the assessment x

mary2000

Mar 24, 2016
West Sussex
I'm glad this is now behind you and hope that the decision, when it comes, is the correct one.

I have a different problem but am currently fighting a recent ESA decision (reassessment, I have a degenerative condition but they seem to think I have gone from support group to WRAG) and have a PIP assessment on Wednesday :(

Just wanted to wish you well on Wednesday. Horribly stressful time. I am currently reclaiming my ESA (I have rheumatoid arthritis amongst a few other things) and I am getting so stressed just waiting for the letter as to whether I have to attend an assessment or not. I am currently on DLA and know that one day the PIP claim form will land on my doorstep and that stresses me out as well. Anyway, good luck on Wednesday and I hope you succeed in your fight for reassessment of ESA as well x

kazb

Aug 1, 2015
Update

So i phoned them at DWP today as not heard anything from them in weeks after assessment. They have put me in the Support Group and i dont have to send sick notes for 3 years he said, will receive letter next week. What does this all mean for me please. ??????:rolleyes:

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So i phoned them at DWP today as not heard anything from them in weeks after assessment. They have put me in the Support Group and i dont have to send sick notes for 3 years he said, will receive letter next week. What does this all mean for me please. ??????:rolleyes:

Kazb, I am sure it means that they consider your disability to be severe enough the there is no possibility of you being fit enough to work or do anything related to working at the present time. i think you can stop worrying which is some comfort.

I know very little of benefits but would you now qualify for the Personal Independance Payment (PIP) which is to help when you can no longer work. Hopefully someone will be along soon to give you some information.

Take care.

Last edited:

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
Hi Kazb, now you are in the support group you won't have to look for work or provide sick notes so there is no pressure to look for any kind of work. As suggested, it may be a good idea to apply for PIP (personal independence payment). It is money that could help you to carry out daily activities if you can't manage and also part of that is the mobility payment if you can no longer drive and need help on public transport. Also if can no longer drive you could apply for a bus pass from your local council. Also you are now entitled to council tax reduction. If you need help with all this the Citizens Advice Bureau is really good in helping you complete the forms.

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
ESA - PIP - Bus Pass - Council Tax etc

Hi there Kazb, not sure if you will have seen my posts/adventures here in this thread but here is quick overview.
diagnosed finally in jan this year. moved onto esa support group then went to jobcentre asking where support group was held i was told, amid much laughter, that it just meant not got to look for work. they discussed options with me and suggested pip form. 40 page form turned up and got someone from jobcentre to come and do it with me. sent in feb 14th (date stood out!!??) have not heard anything so got someone to phone last week only to find there is 16 week waiting list for paperwork to be assessed.
in meantime last week gor council tax discount underway and applied for bus pass.

good luck as with most things it can be hard going but worth it.

wayne

kazb

Aug 1, 2015
OMG thank you all so much for your kindness and help. I really appreciate it.:)

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I have vascular demeñtia can anyone help

Hi I've got to have eesa assessment at my home I've got to have a doctor I've vascular demeñtia and depression and anxiety attacks and muscular problems and imbalance and tinatis and arthritis so I'm going to hopefully have a support worker to come to me .

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi I've got to have eesa assessment at my home I've got to have a doctor I've vascular demeñtia and depression and anxiety attacks and muscular problems and imbalance and tinatis and arthritis so I'm going to hopefully have a support worker to come to me .

I hope it goes well black night
xx