Renewing Blue Badge

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
I've finally got round to having a look at the form sent by the County Council to reapply for mum's Blue Badge. I think I can find all the evidence they want copies of, but they are asking for a photo taken within the last three months. I'm not sure how I can achieve this any more. The thought of taking mum to a photo booth does not appeal. It just won't work. I can use the same photo as last time, but will they check and reject it? I might give them a call tomorrow.

Any advice on how to overcome the 'recent photo' requirement? Part of me doesn't have the energy to bother, but without the parking badge mum's trips out will be over.

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Any advice on how to overcome the 'recent photo' requirement? Part of me doesn't have the energy to bother, but without the parking badge mum's trips out will be over.
I used the same pic as last time, to be honest I did not even give it a second thought, mum looks just the same (like an 82 year old lady, still wears the same jumper too!)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I had the same problem some years ago. I think I took my own picture and reduced it to proper size and then they said they would accept previous one!

I would discuss it with the appropriate office as I found them most helpful.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I've finally got round to having a look at the form sent by the County Council to reapply for mum's Blue Badge. I think I can find all the evidence they want copies of, but they are asking for a photo taken within the last three months. I'm not sure how I can achieve this any more. The thought of taking mum to a photo booth does not appeal. It just won't work. I can use the same photo as last time, but will they check and reject it? I might give them a call tomorrow.

Can you not do it on-line and send them a digital photo?

:)

Dunkers58

Nov 9, 2013
Hampshire
We took a photo of my mum with a mobile phone while she was sitting in the chair and sent it. They did not query it and the blue badge came through quite quickly. Hope will be as easy when needs renewing!

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I recently renewed my 'Blue Badge by internet
I used the same photo as I had on my last permit
Or as suggested ,you could use any recent photo of your mom ,cropped to head and shoulders and send it digitally with your application
jimbo

arielsmelody

Jul 16, 2015
If you need an official passport style photo and a home one won't do, a lot of places like pharmacies, Timpsons (shoe repairers) or high street photographers take passport photos using a digital camera rather than a photobooth - if you can find somewhere wheelchair accessible they should be able to do it for you.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My LA do not do internet applications, if the person is mobile enough they take a photo with a webcam at their office.
They will also go out to a car to take a photo or in an extreme case go to the persons home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar