The beginning of the end?

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
That's good to hear re mil Margaret .

Fingers crossed for Millie if the time has come X

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like one (another) busy day for you today......

A relief for you all that the syringe driver is doing its job

Dau2 maybe induced today..... We must check what names are chosen.... We could end up with "grandchildren" named the same :D :D

Hugs and squishes xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A syringe driver is a blessing at this stage Margaret. Its good to hear your MiL had a peaceful night and you managed to catch up on some sleep.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I woke up just after 3 this morning... I did wonder if there might have been a littler of pups arriving to bring joy in the world, but it seems to be a little premature...poor Millie, I remember those last days of pregnancy ( and I only had one at a time, not a whole family in one go):eek::D
I am so pleased that MIL is staying comfortable and that you have had a bit of sleep. xx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
MIL had a peaceful day yesterday and I did some normal stuff like food shopping and stopping at a friend's in the village for tea and a good gossip on the way home :D:D

Night sitter from Marie Curie last night arranged by chc team, Hospice at Home also called and offered a sitter for last night! Seems this support stuff could be just like the buses that you wait for and then two come along at once :D:D

Not sure what today brings in the way of carers but we'll just wait and see. I have 2 cakes and a batch of biscuits to make today. Himself and I run a coffee morning at our village hall once a month and we have arranged for other people to run it tomorrow but I said I'd still bake as I find it very therapeutic. Already got a bakewell tart in the freezer so it's bran fruit loaf, chocolate cake and ginger cookies to make. If all is ok here I'd pop up in the morning for a cuppa and catch up with all my village buddies, it will actually be quite nice just to go and not serve the tea and coffee etc!

Such a beautiful morning here, the sun is shining, the mist is clearing and MIL can be heard snoring gently through the baby monitor!

Millie still being picky with her food but no sign of puppies yet.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
We still awaiting our puppy, (grandchild :D) inducement been delayed for 2 weeks, hopefully but with regular check ups could be earlier.... Hoping Millie doesn't have to wait too long for her puppies :)

It's at times like these, when everyone "here to help" steps up and actually helps, makes me think that the NHS are not too bad..... Tho Marie curie are a charity aren't they.....whatever.... The fact That you all are getting the support you need is good to read xx

Cakes.... [wipes dribble off her chin] yummy yum yum. Hoping you get your chin wag time xxxxxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Glad you're getting much needed support Margaret. Marie Cure nurses were a great help to us in my mum's last weeks.

Wishing you all strength.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so glad you are now getting the support you deserve and that MIL is peaceful, as she deserves.

How exciting about Millie. Can't wait to see the pics.

Sending love. Jan x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
New lives coming ( even if they do have 4 legs :D) and an old life ending gently....sunshine, cakes and snoring....... this sounds like the world is progressing comfortably the way it should. I hope it remains peaceful for now. xx.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Thanks all.

It does feel right Maureen. Have opened the patio doors in the annexe so that MIL can listen to the birds and breathe the fresh air whilst she snores gently away. Millie is bimbling around the garden, the sun is shining, it's really warm at the moment.

It feels very peaceful here, just as it should do. I'm so glad that we are able to take these last steps with Maureen as she prepares to leave this life and journey to wherever. A very special time indeed and something to enjoy, if that's the right word, now that her care is sorted.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I'm pleased there is peace and calm there Margaret , sounds right.:D

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Oops, bit of a blip, MIL sounded like she was gurgling and choking, went rushing over there, turned her on her side, then put the bed up.

Called DN to come and check her out, they called GP who called me, very thankful that it was our GP who called. She has been wonderful and has said that she will always take our calls and we don't need to go through duty doctor which makes a huge difference as she knows MIL and us.

It appears that the DN wanted to put the drug (can't remember name) to dry up secretions in the syringe driver but it wasn't written up, GP said no point unless we know it makes a difference so told DN to come over and jab her. She has now been and MIL now settled again.

So far we have had fantastic service from our GP and DN team, feel very blessed about that.

Marie Curie nurse coming to sit tonight again, bit relieved about that as was so worried about MIL choking earlier.

Hour by hour, minute by minute we continue on our journey ......

geum123

May 20, 2009
Thinking of you all, Margaret.
I hope it remains peaceful for you all. xxxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
My Mum also had that drug.
I hope that the evening can continue in a tranquil fashion. I can only wish for a peaceful end for MIL, as my Mum had. A gentle transition from this world to the next... Even if one has no religeous faith in a next life, it made it less stressful all round and brings happier memories for all of us left.
Love me.x.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Marie Curie nurse had to call DN out at 1am to give MIL another jab to dry up secretions. She has then been quite peaceful although her breathing is much noiser now than yesterday.

Community nurse will be out later so will ask her if drug can be put in syringe driver.

Feeling a bit less confident looking after MIL since this gurgling but have been reading up and spoken to Marie Curie nurse who explained that it is part of the process of dying and that the family are often more distressed that the patient by this progression.

Drizzling with rain now but hoping that the sun will be out soon. Another day begins ....

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh Margaret it's bound to be worrying , hopefully The nurse can help today and mil with sleep better.

How's Millie too?