Care Minister announces call for evidence in support of new Carers Strategy

Plymum

Jan 9, 2014
https://socialcare.blog.gov.uk/2016/03/18/carers-strategy-news/

I just found out about this evidence based survey and completed the online questionnaire. It didn't take long to complete and maybe others of you would be interested too.

AB social careAlistair Burt, Minister for Community and Social Care has launched a call for evidence seeking a better understanding of the needs of unpaid carers. How can they be better supported? What services, resources and opportunities do they need to enjoy a happy and healthy life alongside caring?

This engagement exercise will seek views from carers, families, employers, clinicians, social care professionals, educators and many others about what more the government can do to provide support and help carers lead a full life without compromising their caring responsibilities.

Care Minister Alistair Burt said: “Carers make an invaluable contribution to society. I have met many brilliant carers who have told me it can be a struggle to keep all the plates spinning and make time for themselves. Through the Government’s new carers’ strategy, we want to support carers to do the best for their loved ones and have a life of their own beyond caring.”

The call for evidence is open until 30 June 2016 - please get involved and help shape a strategy which could benefit us all.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It takes a long time to fill in, but if it means an improvement to social care as well as support for carers it will be worth it. Thanks Plymum.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Plymum.............................

https://socialcare.blog.gov.uk/2016/03/18/carers-strategy-news/

I just found out about this evidence based survey and completed the online questionnaire. It didn't take long to complete and maybe others of you would be interested too.

AB social careAlistair Burt, Minister for Community and Social Care has launched a call for evidence seeking a better understanding of the needs of unpaid carers. How can they be better supported? What services, resources and opportunities do they need to enjoy a happy and healthy life alongside caring?

This engagement exercise will seek views from carers, families, employers, clinicians, social care professionals, educators and many others about what more the government can do to provide support and help carers lead a full life without compromising their caring responsibilities.

Care Minister Alistair Burt said: “Carers make an invaluable contribution to society. I have met many brilliant carers who have told me it can be a struggle to keep all the plates spinning and make time for themselves. Through the Government’s new carers’ strategy, we want to support carers to do the best for their loved ones and have a life of their own beyond caring.”

This is the same Survey that I posted about a few weeks / last month ? about , however it is very good :) that you have started another Thread** > too *catch* more TP'ers I mean !

Hope the Care Minister will ACT on the Survey's & it's NOT just all Talk :( & NO Action ! ! ! ( guess we will have too wait & see ! )

Thanks for starting this again ( Edit = have read MY** thread again & 5 TP'ers did the Survey last month > when I posted the Thread )

Grove x

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FutureMrsBrown