New bras

Olivia15

Feb 24, 2016
Have you tried front-fastening bras? They're typically softer and much easier to use :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I notice that Mum is wearing 'front loaders' these days as she finds them easier, she has never worn underwires.

I am currently using the crop-top type things myself as they are more comfortable with my spinal scar, and easier to get on without twisting - although I have to step into them cos I'm not allowed to raise my arms over my head, which does seem a bit odd!

Olivia15

Feb 24, 2016
Hi Olivia. Yes we have but hated them I'm afraid. The one I bought yesterday wasn't too bad for me but Mum didn't like it.

Take care. CW

Hi CucumberWhisky,

Ah that's a pity. You can get some cheap crop-top type bras that are really comfy for Primark if that would remotely be any help? I live in them when I'm lounging about so might be worth a try if you've not ventured that way already :)

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
Hi CucumberWhisky,

Ah that's a pity. You can get some cheap crop-top type bras that are really comfy for Primark if that would remotely be any help? I live in them when I'm lounging about so might be worth a try if you've not ventured that way already :)

I had some wonderful stretchy bras from Primark about 10 years ago, Olivia, but like many things that suit a person, they stopped doing them. I've still got a couple of new ones as I bought so many whilst they were stocked. They're fantastic during the summer. I'll have a look there again when I'm next in town. Thank you.

Best wishes and take care. CW

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
I notice that Mum is wearing 'front loaders' these days as she finds them easier, she has never worn underwires.

I am currently using the crop-top type things myself as they are more comfortable with my spinal scar, and easier to get on without twisting - although I have to step into them cos I'm not allowed to raise my arms over my head, which does seem a bit odd!

Thanks, Slugsta. I'll have a look for the crop-top style. Best wishes & take care. CW

Olivia15

Feb 24, 2016
I had some wonderful stretchy bras from Primark about 10 years ago, Olivia, but like many things that suit a person, they stopped doing them. I've still got a couple of new ones as I bought so many whilst they were stocked. They're fantastic during the summer. I'll have a look there again when I'm next in town. Thank you.

Best wishes and take care. CW

I've definitely bought some from Primark in the past two years so it's worth a check - they have a whole 'comfort' section and I found them there :)

Best wishes to you too!

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
Success!

If they feel soft, and it's just the tightness that is bothering her, could you perhaps buy some bra extenders to make them feel looser until they have stretched a bit?

Hi piph. I bought some extenders and have tried one with Mum this weekend. After adjusting the straps she's happy with wearing the first one so I'll try the second one tomorrow. Thank you for suggesting it - I was too close to the problem to think of it. Best wishes. CW

Rheme

Nov 23, 2013
England
Hi

My mum had a similar problem and that normal bras are no longer suitable.

She now has Sloggi bras and I had bra fastenings put into the back so that we don't have to pull them over her head.

They give her plenty of support and are easy to put on and off.

Good luck.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi piph. I bought some extenders and have tried one with Mum this weekend. After adjusting the straps she's happy with wearing the first one so I'll try the second one tomorrow. Thank you for suggesting it - I was too close to the problem to think of it. Best wishes. CW

Bra extenders:eek: another thing to add to my male vocabulary, I never even knew such a thing existed, is there a male equivalent of an extender?
Women's underwear is, and probably always be a mystery to me it's all just so complicated, is there a Haynes workshop manual I can get from Halfords that explains it all? Grannie pants, thongs, boy shorts or bikini briefs the list goes on is there no end to this madness? Being a bloke it's just boxers or budgie smugglers, simple choice.
Well they say "you learn something new every day" so bra extenders is what I've learned today and as it happens in care my wife has piled on a few pounds so I'll be buying some too.
K

MollyD

Mar 27, 2016
Ireland
lol. For what it's worth I hadn't heard of them either and I'm female. Fortunately that's one less issue for my mum, she's as flat as a pancake so needs no bra at all. She wears vests under her slip. She does need any waistbands to be loose-ish at the tummy, however, because she has a curved spine and has a great deal of discomfort.

We'll count our blessings nonetheless.:)

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
Bra extenders:eek: another thing to add to my male vocabulary, I never even knew such a thing existed, is there a male equivalent of an extender?
Women's underwear is, and probably always be a mystery to me it's all just so complicated, is there a Haynes workshop manual I can get from Halfords that explains it all? Grannie pants, thongs, boy shorts or bikini briefs the list goes on is there no end to this madness? Being a bloke it's just boxers or budgie smugglers, simple choice.
Well they say "you learn something new every day" so bra extenders is what I've learned today and as it happens in care my wife has piled on a few pounds so I'll be buying some too.
K

Welcome to our world, Kevin! I bought the extenders at M&S and they come with either 2 or 3 hooks depending on what the present ones are like.

CW