Birthday Magic

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi folks,

It's my birthday today and where's the first place I come to? TP!

A lot of you will know how I'm feeling today, first birthday without my mum in the middle of everything, but I'm one of the lucky ones, as I can still go and see her in the hospital. I will make the most of it, but for some reason these stupid tears keep coming through, I don't really know what it's all about, but I just wanted to check in with the only guys whom understand before I start the day.

Her chest infection wasn't so bad yesterday but the dementia seems to have rapidly progressed. The consultant came round and had in his notes a named care home that I am supposed to be moving mum to. Social Worker has done that after the ward meeting to make her look like they got a result. I told him to take it off his notes as I hadn't even seen the place.

Hospitals and social workers, the carers' friends!

Anyway I will have one or two horlicks tonight and drink a salute to you guys my fellow troops on the frontline. Thanks for keeping me going through this past year, it's a year now since I joined, seems like an eternity, such a lot's happened.

Love and thanks to you all.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Magic

Wow, here's to your Birthday!! I'll go and brew a cup of tea and have a custard tart to celebrate.

Take it slowly today and lace your Horlicks with something appropriate tonight.

Don't forget that Mum may suddenly appear, much more her own self, through the mists. They do come and go, you know. Jan had a huge fit last week at a time I couldn't get in to see her as I was laid low by a really bad bug, so naturally I was really on edge. However, the next day I went in and though she was quieter than usual, she got better during the week and yesterday was lovely again. She seems to have lost more of what mobility she had, but as long as I see that smile!

So, don't get too down; Mum is strong - she must be, to have passed on such strong genes to you!

Keep eyes on the medics though! Might be worth checking out the home that was specified....

Take care, Magic! And our thanks to YOU! :)

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
A very happy birthday to you magic, I do hope and pray that you get your birthday wish and your mum is much better today when you go and see her.

All the very best
Jan

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
dearest magic, happy birthday! seems ages since i have seen anything from you,hope your mum is feeling better today and your dad is ok but most of all i hope you will try and get something a little stronger than horlicks down the hatch tonight.storm

Jan J

Feb 26, 2005
Berks
Hi Magic,

This is only my second posting, but had to wish you a happy birthday. Hope the day has been good to you.

Best Wishes

Jan J

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Happy Birthday Magic!

Hope your mum is having a "better" day today.

It was my Birthday in Saturday and when I visited Aunty she celebrated with a Chocolate Eclair - I don't think she had any idea what I meant by Birthday but by heck she did enjoy that eclair. Strange how the little things are the ones we will remember - all that chocolate and cream in places it shouldn't be!

Hope you can have a "nice" memory of today.

Kriss

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Hello Magic,
A bit late in the day, but nevertheless 'many happy returns' - hope you had a few smiles, nice surprises, rays of sunshine - and a drop of amber nectar to celebrate!
Best wishes, Carmen

Tressa

May 18, 2004
N. Ireland
Hi Magic,

sorry I haven't been about lately. Just wanted to wish you Happy Birthday and hope everything is as well as it can be with you. Take care, Tressa.

susan

Aug 18, 2003
east sussex
Dear Magic
Sending you my best wishes and cheers with a glass of my red wine, hope your day had some rays of sunshine. Take care will speak soon
Love sue

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Everyone

Thank you all for all your best wishes and kind words.

The day was actually very nice and filled with lovely surprises from family and friends. The family were extremely thoughtful this year (wonderful what guilt can do!) but nevertheless, I appreciated the bouquets and gifts etc. It was very nice to be spoiled. Managed to get out for a nice meal and a few horlicks, boy, those horlicks have some kick the next day when you have more than one or two of them! Magic has a wee headache today.

The best part of the day was going to see mum. She was very sleepy due to the sedative but she woke up long enough for me to tell her it was my birthday. I asked did she remember having me 39 years ago today. She said, "Yes. You're my baby" and gave me a big gummy smile. That was the best present I could have ever asked for.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Lovely Magic, a belated Happy Birthday as I was unable to get online yeserday. Do hope you managed to do someting a bit special just for you, I know your Mum and Dad would want that. Lots of love, She. XX