Life can be so cruel

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
I have been on TP telling you I look after Mum with Vascular Dementia. Also my brother-in-law has the same which progressed after a stroke six years ago. Steve is 58 years old in the last stages a couple of months ago he got aggressive and even the carers could not get him to do anything even take his medication. My sister-in-law as been his main carer all this time and her health as deteriorated, she had to have a new knee replacement and put him in respite for a few weeks. He got more violent and attacked her too. They assessed him and decided he had to stay in care permanently.
After been in care home he had a few falls, I forgot to say he also as seizures. the last two weeks been falling cutting his head and face been sent to A&E backwards and forwards. The last fall caused a bleed on his brain.
He now is on end of life in the hospital still having up to twenty seizures a day, he has taken his last breath three times and family called in only to come round again. His wife as been with him for the last week he is not having food or water and she is watching him fade away slowly and nothing she can do. We pray today he will be at peace after all the suffering of dementia now to suffer in death it just seems so unfair. Just had to tell someone, came home from visiting him and looked at Mum who is 85 and just pleased I had years of good health and happy times with her and realise things could have been much worst she could have had this illness in her early years. So I am thankful today and tomorrow is an other day.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi jorgieporgie
I don't know what else to say except
much sympathy and very best wishes to all your family

Last edited:

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Life is very tough sometimes. Hang onto the good times, wishing you love & strength for the days ahead X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to keep you all up-to-date on my Brother-in-law as you all have been so kind. I have been to see him today after been on end of life for ten days. He his still alive only just, a shadow of himself still fitting all day and night but the staff say he isn't in any pain which gives us some comfort.
We pray every day that this is the day he will be at peace.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to keep you all up-to-date on my Brother-in-law as you all have been so kind. I have been to see him today after been on end of life for ten days. He his still alive only just, a shadow of himself still fitting all day and night but the staff say he isn't in any pain which gives us some comfort.
We pray every day that this is the day he will be at peace.

Jorgieporie tho I have been in & out reading your thread have not posted until today & felt I wanted too after reading the above

Wishing you & all your family strength , love & much support in the days & weeks too come It is good your B-In-Law is pain free & as you said it must give you some comfort

Lots of Love & Supportive BIG HUGS

Grove X X X