Advice for the last days please

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Thank you to all my TP friends. Tiday feels like it lasted a week. Having to break the news to my children was very hard. Having nowhere to go at visiting time was also very hard.
One step at a time. Dont look too far ahead.
Xx Quilty

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Dear Quilty you have done so well over these last few weeks. My heart goes out to you, it's so awful watching your mum suffer. The next few days will be busy, time to take stock and take care of yourself. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Dear Quilty

I'm so sorry for your loss, but at the same time I am glad that your mum is now at rest and that her passing was peaceful.

Wishing you strength through the days ahead.

Lavender45 x

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
Thank you to all my TP friends. Tiday feels like it lasted a week. Having to break the news to my children was very hard. Having nowhere to go at visiting time was also very hard.
One step at a time. Dont look too far ahead.
Xx Quilty

Aw, Quilty, I so feel for you. You cared for her so well and so long. Like you, I found the expansion of time in my life just amazing, but also very sad. These days will be very hard. I hope you are gentle with yourself and others gentle with you. Such a loving daughter under difficult circumstances. My heart goes out to you.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I am sorry for your loss Quilty but pleased to read your dear Mum passed peacefully in her sleep. Wishing you strength for the days ahead, look after yourself.
Love
Sue

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry to read your news Quilty but glad that your Mum passed peacefully. Please now take care of yourself in the same loving way you cared for your Mum xx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Most of the arrangements are now in place. Just the order of service and eulogy to write. Im still feeling like its not real. I am struggling with the idea i suddenly dont have to worry about mum anymore.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Quilty, it's taken me over a year to begin to really understand that my Mum has gone forever, that sounds crazy but I am enjoying the memories now :)
Take care and take your time xx

craftyviola

Feb 17, 2012
Malvern
So,so sorry Quilty. You must be hurting so much at the moment. It is such a strange time, almost being forced to keep busy making phone calls, arrangements, clearing rooms and the reality of the situation hits you unexpectedly at quiet moments. You were a brilliant carer form your Mum and could not have done any more for her. So lovely that she, like my Mum nearly three weeks ago, slipped away quietly. Give yourself lots of space if you can. Xx

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
So sorry to read of your loss - Sending you lots of sympathy, Quilty, and wishes for peace and strength xxxxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Quilty. I'm glad your mum is at peace now.

So sorry for your loss Quilty. Your little poem was an inspiration to me and my OH's daughter, sorry I can't offer anything more than condolences to you.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So. Found out my no use sister is actually coming to the funeral. She saw her twice in a year. The last time she saw her, mum got abusive with everyone saying her house and all her stuff had been stolen from her. She had never said anything like that before. She went into a decline after that and never recovered. My mums sister is furious so its going to be a hard funeral. This is the sister who when mum was 999 to hospital was phoned by the staff said " call my sister, i dont see my mother" the hurt runs deep. Still, one more week and then i can avoid any contact with her. The hurt runs very deep. I need to let it go. Its all done now. I did my best and it was good enough.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
If you look in the poems i have added a new part on the end 9f my poem. I hope it helps someone else too. Xx quilty

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
So sorry for your loss Quilty. Your little poem was an inspiration to me and my OH's daughter, sorry I can't offer anything more than condolences to you.

If you look under poems in the members section i have added a bit since my loss. I hope you like it. Xx quilty

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger