Happy Birthday and Mothers Day

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Although my Darling Mum is no longer with me today is her Birthday, she would have been 84.

This is the only place I can wish her a happy birthday and Mother's Day without people thinking I have lost the plot.

So My darling Mum happy birthday sweetheart and happy Mother's Day. I love you with all my heart and miss you more than words can say. Your devoted daughter xxxxxx

Thank you everyone

sonia owen

Ah Sasky that's lovely I am sure there will be a few of us today who will lose the plot. I got my mum's Mother's day card early so I was able to put it in her coffin when she passed away in January. My two cards from my two Son's today mean so much to me this Mothering Sunday.
Love and hugs to all Mums here .
Sonia xxx

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Yes I know exactly how you are feeling. Mum died in January and I've mostly just felt relieved but feel very wobbly today. Silly really, it's just another day but the finality of never seeing her again is starting to hit home. Wishing you all the best X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Mum died last year and it seems so strange not buying a card and flowers. I don't have daughters so no chance of a card. I think card giving is not in the male DNA of my family.

I'm going to go out later to be alone to think of Mum. She loved the spring and new growth so it seems appropriate.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I thought of my Mum too today. She died 20 years ago. I don't get a card from my son till May, cos he lives in USA, and that's when they celebrate it - and in the rest of the world too. My daughter hasn't spoken to me for nearly 5 months now, so no card from her, but my granddaughter sent me an email, wishing me Happy Mother's Day and saying she'd put a card in the post too.

So kind of her. Had a bl**dy good cry when I read that. xxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Sending you all love, hugs and warm thoughts on Mothers' Day xxx

It felt very strange this year not to be buying a card for my MiL, who died last May, although hubby took flowers to her grave. My own mam now has no idea of what day it is, which makes me so sad and upset for her, because she always loved it.

I'm lucky and was taken out for lunch yesterday by my two lovely daughters, and today have had flowers, chocs, cards and other pressies from them and my hubby. Time to count my blessings, I think.

xxx

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
College girl, my OH just down his laundry with a deadline for it to be washed and ironed. I'm now making the dinner. I think I might add hemlock. :D

100 miles

Apr 16, 2015
Last year I phoned my mum and asked if she had received the card I sent. 'Oh yes,' was the reply. 'I have two, I will see who sent them to me....oh, they are both from you.'

Somehow or other the one I sent the previous year had also ended up on the fireplace with the new one. But she didn't think there was anything odd about me sending two. (Overachieving daughter :rolleyes:?)

And this year I am spending the day doing probate paperwork. Sigh.

Miss P

May 29, 2014
I knew this was going to be one of those hard days. I was prepared for that but I feel so numb and empty, no emotion at all really.

I lost my Mum in the middle of January and I feel totally numb. This is my first post on here as my world became so busy with helping Mum and Dad. I took some flowers up to the cemetery today and put them into pots, took the funeral flowers off the mound of earth but I still didn't really feel anything.

Happy Mother's Day Mum, love you lots, always. I know that saying that here will be OK. I hope you can see what I'm trying to do to finish your path and to try to help Dad. Be happy with Claire Mum, I know that you are both together now.

Sending love and strength to all those in similar situations today on Mother's Day, xxx

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
Today was also my Mum's birthday. She would have been 88. Managed a tough visit to the garden of remembrance at the Crematorium. Miss her so much. Xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm