East Kent Website

dab1630

Feb 23, 2007
Kent
Having spent the last almost 3 years as a full time carer picking up leaflets from here there and everywhere, trawling the internet for information and interrogating anyone with knowledge of dementia, I have put it all in one place at

http://www.dementiasupport-thanet.co.uk/index.htm

A lot of it is specific to my area of East Kent, but I hope it might be of use to others as well. It is very much a "work in progress", so check back often. I would be pleased to get any useful contributions from anyone.

If nothing else, it takes my mind of the stresses and strains of caring for a few minutes each day.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This is fantastic. Well done.

I have left a comment on the site but the email I sent has not been accepted.

dab1630

Feb 23, 2007
Kent
The contact form side of the site is giving me a bit of a headache as, to prevent me getting a torrent of spam, there is a security check where you have to enter a sequence of letters which are almost impossible to read let alone repeat!

Duncan

Hi Duncan
did a test and it worked OK
Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think I read them correctly Duncan and I entered them. Will try again with a test.

Test worked.

Strange, I thought I`d saved it on Favourites but it didn`t register. It has now.

Last edited:

dab1630

Feb 23, 2007
Kent
I have just added some information on the General Information section of the site relating to an ID card scheme for people on Attendance allowance or disability living allowance, entitling them to free access to most cinemas for their carer.

It costs £5.50 for 3 years use, but it could be worthwhile for any cared fors that enjoy the cinema and a nice reward for their carer.